Author Topic: Point for shaun  (Read 1452 times)

Offline iowabow

Point for shaun
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »
Hunted then and worked in his shop doing  primitive achery stuff the rest of the afternoon. Shaun shots a 200 grain ace point so I made one in flint
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline maddog314

Re: Point for shaun
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »
very nice!
Micah

Offline Shaun

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:01:44 am »
Good time having John visit Friday. He hunted while I did dentist appointment (was not feeling 100% afterwards) but we did several projects. I am not a knapper, but appreciate the art. I learned a lot watching John work through some difficult hard spots and inclusions on this piece of his local Burlington. He also shafted it for me after showing me how to make pitch blend mix.

Nice sharp head weighing in at 216 and fitting into my hunting set up nicely. Good side shape too with enough thickness and "lens" profile to take a beating.

He hafted it on a bare shaft which I have finished into a hunting arrow with wild turkey 3 fletch burned to a hump back shield and rabbit tracer.

It joins my other stones headed to Texas for hog wars. Bottom to top: Woody Blackwell obsidian, WB Knife River, John's point, Joe York, top I forget but maybe Rice from WI. Here piggy piggy......

Offline Will H

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 06:30:01 am »
Nice one John! Man I gotta say though, those two woody Blackwell points are as good as it gets. That guy is freakin incredible!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline iowabow

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:56:54 am »
Nice one John! Man I gotta say though, those two woody Blackwell points are as good as it gets. That guy is freakin incredible!
Thanks Will what I was real happy about in the point I made was the diagonal edge to edge palo flaking from a reverse platform done ABO. Although i have been making basically the same point for for the last year it has allow me to focus on that technique without having to struggle with other issues. I am getting to a point now were I need to modify some of my tools due to there limitation.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!