Author Topic: looking for a Rendezvous shirt  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

looking for a Rendezvous shirt
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:48:08 pm »
I know I could just buy one that I like, but..I'm cheap.    Hoping someone will have one or two that they don't use anymore and would trade for or let go for less than a brandy new one.  A brand new one want have any character either!     I am looking for a Cotton shirt or something of the like in that Mountain man style.  size Medium or Large.   I would prefer some sort of red color.  but I would accept a white colored one that I could dye.    any red color and any pattern (or lack of pattern)    anyone by chance have one that only hangs in the closet nowadays?
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: looking for a Rendezvous shirt
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »
I know I could just buy one that I like, but..I'm cheap.    Hoping someone will have one or two that they don't use anymore and would trade for or let go for less than a brandy new one.  A brand new one want have any character either!     I am looking for a Cotton shirt or something of the like in that Mountain man style.  size Medium or Large.   I would prefer some sort of red color.  but I would accept a white colored one that I could dye.    any red color and any pattern (or lack of pattern)    anyone by chance have one that only hangs in the closet nowadays?

Everything I got I wear.  I have one fine cotton shirt with ruffles at the collar and cuffs that I wash, but ALL the rest get a swish in the creek or rained on for their laundry treatment.  I like authentic!

What size are you?  I have some patterns I could cut out and send you.  They aren't that hard to make.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:28:57 pm »
Thanks JW.  I make too  much as it is. I am pretty ok with the idea of not making my own shirts..at this point!  lol   but you do have me thinking....thanks for planting that seed.  Now I have to go talk myself out of it.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:53:08 am »
I was just in the Sewing store last week and they had patterns for them. Makes me think it is pretty common.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »
LEt me take a look, I may still have a gooder or two in there.  I plan on cleaning that closet out over break anyway.  dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »
ok, thanks guys
Formerly "twistedlimbs"