Author Topic: do you recognize this bow?  (Read 2727 times)

Offline seabass

Re: do you recognize this bow?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 12:11:06 am »
Sadie,i don't live too far from that store.if i am right,it is a little run down junk shop on the side of the road.right close to the canoe rental place.sound familiar?.they have all kinds of stuff out front.if i get a chance,i will run down that way and find the name of that bowyer for you.i am pretty busy right now working alot of hours.i'll see what i can come up with.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:29 am »
Sadie,i don't live too far from that store.if i am right,it is a little run down junk shop on the side of the road.right close to the canoe rental place.sound familiar?.they have all kinds of stuff out front.if i get a chance,i will run down that way and find the name of that bowyer for you.i am pretty busy right now working alot of hours.i'll see what i can come up with.

yup, thats the place. that would be awesome ifn ya had the opportunity seabass. thanks!!
wild women don't get the blues

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 10:15:41 am »
I'll bet the bowyer has a Native American bow book and is making replicas, but does not fully understand how to finish the back. I have seen that style handle in a book somewhere myself and it may actually fit into the palm nicely. Try shooting it before changing the handle to see how it does.
If that bow was sinew backed or deer hide backed it would make a nice horseback bow, I would think.

Good Luck.. :)
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes