Author Topic: Old Saw Blades?  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Dictionary

Old Saw Blades?
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:03:22 pm »
Sounds like some of you guys go through a lot of bandsaw,skillsaw, whatever saw blades. I was looking at harborfreight for a blade with a thickness of .040 but couldnt find anything of that size. Was wondering if someone here might work out a deal with me so i can get my hands on some to attempt to make trade points with. I wanted .040 because i was told its easier to work with using a hacksaw,file,and maybe a chisel and hammer.
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline paulsemp

Re: Old Saw Blades?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 08:09:26 pm »
I have a lot of OLD 7 1/4 skill saw blades. Before carbide teeth ( good steel). I can cut out blanks for you if you do not have the tools. Let me know

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »
Paul what does the 7 1/4 refer to? The diameter in inches of the blade im guessing? I'm just trying to find something within workable thickness.

And also i'd like to see if i can make them myself with simple hand tools. If i can't i can revert to my dremel tool if possible.

Thanks
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline seider

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 11:17:24 pm »
We go through a lot of band saw blades I can check the thickness if you want me to and get back with you.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 09:10:39 pm »
I have used concrete saw blades.  10 inch diameter.  will check the thickness if you are interested.

Tell
Tell Riley