Author Topic: Elm flatbow  (Read 7321 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: Elm flatbow
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 07:23:50 am »
Whatever that means ??? Nice piece o elm ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Bowman

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 08:38:56 am »
Thanks.  :D
"for veik var kongens bue......."

Offline Eastman

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:00 am »
I love it :) beauty and simpliity
''The joy is great of him who strays, in shady woods on summer days, With eyes alert and muscles steady , His long-bow strung, his arrows ready''  -Maurice Thompson

Offline Holten101

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 09:32:28 am »
Whatever that means ??? Nice piece o elm ;)

Ill translate;-)
"Ja, Ja  fin bue har do skutt elg. Markus."

Yes, yes...nice bow, did you shoot moose?. Markus

"Ikke lov å skyte elg i Norge med bue.  :-)"

No, hunting moose with a bow is not allowed in Norway.

In scandinavia bow hunting is only allowed in Denmark, and then only for small game (this includes Roedeer). Sweeden is currently working on introducing a danish model, but Norway seems to hesitate with regards to bowhunting....maybe our norwegian friends care to elaborate on this;-)?

And sorry....I didnt mean to hijack the thread....I just find legislation on bowhunting important.

In the future bows like this one, might be pictured with a dead moose.....I hope so at least:-)

Awsome bow:-)

Cheers

Offline Bowman

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:43 am »
Thanks. I'ts okay for me. You did not interupt anything. :-) Hunting with bow and arrow is not legal in Norway, but it can be. The Norwegian Government are working with that case. Maybe we can shoot elk with bow in the future. The Norwegian rules are strict. You have to practice a lot.  :-)

Offline rps3

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 10:48:48 am »
Nice bow, and thanks for reminding me how good we have it here.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 02:53:54 pm »
I find it odd that two cultures that have defended themselves gloriously with their bows fail to allow their use for hunting...both Great Britian and Norway. 

Bowman, thank you for another wonderful example of your skills as a bowyer!  That's a thing of beauty.  I, too would love to see you with a moose in the photo!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Bowman

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 03:18:55 pm »
I find it odd that two cultures that have defended themselves gloriously with their bows fail to allow their use for hunting...both Great Britian and Norway. 

Bowman, thank you for another wonderful example of your skills as a bowyer!  That's a thing of beauty.  I, too would love to see you with a moose in the photo!

<thank you JW. Thanks for your compliments. I have some other bows too , but have to take more pictures. It's rainy and foggy outside. Real norwegian fall. Must take pictures inside the house.  :-) You live in Dakota? I'm planning to visit USA during summer of 2014. 3 weeks. I want to see New York, grand canyon and something wild west. Deadwood?  ;D Maybe Dakota is a good choice. Thats Sioux land, isn't it? On of my favourite tribes. :-)

Offline randman

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 09:07:58 pm »
Very nice bow! What I can see of it anyway................coughmoney shotcough!       >:D
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 07:24:27 pm »
Absolutely, Bowman.  We have the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills, several Native American Reservations, lots of museums, Deadwood and Wild Bill Hickock's gravesite. 

If you come this way, stay here with me and I will show you all the sights.  I might even make lutefisk for you!   >:D

Offline Bowman

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 03:56:11 am »
Thank you. :-) Sooner or later I'll visit Dakota. :-)

Offline Bowman

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:42 pm »
Absolutely, Bowman.  We have the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills, several Native American Reservations, lots of museums, Deadwood and Wild Bill Hickock's gravesite. 

If you come this way, stay here with me and I will show you all the sights.  I might even make lutefisk for you!   >:D

Thank you JW_ :-) Thank you for your hospitality. I look forward to visit Dakota. We keep in touch. I'm allergic to fish. ;D You can make one of these big steaks instead. I'll bring some norwegian liquer. "akevitt" Thats real stuff. :-)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:02:22 pm by Bowman »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 10:02:49 pm »
Bring that "water of life" and I will make sure you get your fill of venison, elk, or buffalo steaks.  For that matter, I will even do a little research and see if we can scare up a moderately priced buffalo hunt for you. 

Maybe we will even take a drive to Bowman, North Dakota and have your picture taken with the sign with your username on it!