Author Topic: Gullwing plains  (Read 10861 times)

Offline Horse Thief Killer

Re: Gullwing plains
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »
First I would like to say that I wish I had this bow, wow! These types of bows were meant to be shot off a horse so the Souix used a shooting style of drawing up into the armpit not the cheek. Wonderful bow!

Offline Bowman

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 04:24:50 am »
Thank you Horse Thief killer. Maybe the bow should relax in the present look.  :D
"for veik var kongens bue......."

Offline Parnell

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 11:52:59 am »
It's a beautiful bow and I'm looking forward to full draw.  HTKs got a point and I short draw my short bows, often shooting from out in front of my chin - above the armpit.  But shooting 27" arrows, I like a 24 to 25 inch draw, I don't have a horse...yet.

Great stuff, still would love to see a video of it shooting!
1’—>1’

Offline Bowman

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 02:55:36 pm »
Thanks.  :D I'm shooting the bow now and it is extremely fast.   :o   The fastest bow I've ever build. It's like a mongol heavy horse bow. I think the upper limb is a little bit stiffer than the other. Maybe I fix that. But 21-22-23" is good enough for me. Lakota style.  :D I will now finish the bow, repair some of the sides with sinew and hide glue and do the same with the tips. If some of you are the proud owners of "Encyclopedia of native american bows, arrows and quivers"   Steve Allely and Jim Hamm, you can see my inspiration on page 152 vol 2. Thats a beautiful bow.  :D Thank you all for positive respons. I promise to show more pictures of this fantastic bow. Compliments to all of you from Norway.

Norwegian wytch elm
Norwegian elk sinew
American hide glue
Norwegian mustang horse hair tuft.
B-50
Norwegian bowyer

;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:13:46 pm by Bowman »
"for veik var kongens bue......."

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 04:57:15 pm »