Author Topic: Good digital camera for under 200?...  (Read 1010 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Good digital camera for under 200?...
« on: November 11, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »
I am lookin basically for the best picture quality for under 200. I am lookin mostly at the 150 dollar range nikons, canons, and sonys. I have been using this cheapo camera I got now for farrrr tooo lonmnnggg,  ;D. In fact this camera I have now sucks so bad (I believe it is a 50 dollar polariod or something), I have to take a video with it and than bring the video threw a program to take stills from the video that are not blurry, as taking actual pictures with this camera does not work. Every single picture is a double exposure and blurry as heck. And then, I have to take the stills into an image editing program to improve the sharpness and over quality of them,  ;D. After all that, they still look like crap. lol
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Good digital camera for under 200?...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 03:41:41 pm »
My first digital camera was a Canon, but the last one I bought is a Panasonic and I love everything about it.  Panasonic cameras have a "vivid" setting on them that makes colors just pop, I leave that on pretty much all the time.  It make for really intense yellows and greens, which is great for outdoor pictures.  There may be other brands that have a similar feature, I wouldn't know.  But I am very happy with Panasonic.  I'm not really sure what they have available right now in that price range, this one is a couple years old already.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:06:01 pm »
I want something that I can take a nice close up of wood grain, or the finish of a bow, without getting all blurry and stuff. Something that will do justice to whatever I am photographing. Thanks for the recommendation, I will check out what panasonic's I can find,  ;D.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 06:02:33 pm »
I have an older 6 MP Kodak for taking pictures of bows inside my shop, more than good enough, and a 12 MP Nikon for everything else.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com