Author Topic: need a left wing indexer for a bitz  (Read 1188 times)

Offline seabass

need a left wing indexer for a bitz
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »
hey guys,i am looking for a left wing indexer for an old model bitz fleching jig.please let me know if you have one.i have stuff to trade,or i can make things.if you have one,let me know and we will talk and work out a trade.thanks,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: need a left wing indexer for a bitz
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:15:20 am »
I found an extra one Steve.  PM me your address and I will send it to you man.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:53:06 am by stringstretcher »

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »
thank you so much Charles.you saved my bacon.if there is anything you need,let me know.i have leather,sinew,flint,red osier,fur,broadheads,trade points.pm sent.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:24:05 pm »
You have a PM Steve.  I think I got our wires crossed.

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:04:02 pm »
still looking guys.my jig has a lever on top and probably is from the fifties.Charlies indexer was from one he bought in the sixties.it was from a dial a fletch and did not work.if someone has an indexer for mine or a whole jig set up,i would be interested.thanks,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:56 am »
Steve I don't quite understand the problem,Do you not have one at all.I have 2 or 3 old bitz jigs ,I think I may at one time had a left/right and straight but I only use one and don't glue the nocks until I am through fletching ,then put the nock where I want it,Mark it and glue on,I just push the nock on the tapper hard and watch that it don't slip while I am fletching,no problem.  :) Just curious, ??? it never seemed to index the nock where I wanted it anyway,haven't glued them until I am done fletching for years. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 09:52:01 am »
Pappy, the older style jig like he has with the levers that adjust your clamp angle, does not have the same indexer as the newer "dial-o-fletch ones do.  The new indexers will not even go up into the jig.  It is a totally different indexer.

Offline seabass

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 09:43:04 pm »
i am going to do like you said pappy and Charles.i have been doing that,but i would like the right indexer so i don't have to.i think i am going to buy a new one.i just hate paying the 86.00.thanks guys for trying to help me.i just need to buy a modern jig.i like the old stuff and this is hard for me to do.thanks again,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:59 pm »
Part of what you might need to reason with Steve, is that when your jig was made, there might not have been enough warrent  for all the indexers that are used in this modern day?  I am sure back in the day, most archers were more concerned about have all feathers on any one shaft fletched exactly the same, verses an indexer that only moves the rear of the feather to one side or the other just a small amount.