Author Topic: bummed over my bitz  (Read 1684 times)

Offline seabass

bummed over my bitz
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:42:08 pm »
i just ordered a left wing indexer for my bitz.just now found out that the new indexers don't work on the old model bitz.does anyone have one that they don't need?i have givin all of my other fletching jigs away to people in give aways over the last few years.now i am bummed.i guess i'll have to order a new model.this sucks,i really like the old model.do you guys like the new model versus the old model?i guess i should have ask you guys about compatability before hand.thanks for listening to my rant,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: bummed over my bitz
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 11:27:15 pm »
I've got an older model and ordered an indexer. It seemed to fit OK to me. I had 1 left, 1 right, 1 straight, and ordered the extra LW indexer and clamp for the old straight because I use LW 90 percent of the time.
Is there something I'm missing?
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:32:36 am »
i guess mine is the really old model.mine has the lever on top to adjust it side to side.mine is not the dial a fletch.i'll post a pic of mine when i get home from work tonight.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 04:02:47 pm »
i am not so bummed anymore.good ole stringstretcher dug one up and it is on its way.thanks Charles.i owe you one brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:21:31 pm »
UT OH.....Mine is one from the dial o fletch also Steve?  I had no idea yours was that old, as I thought mine was old having gotten them in the 60's.  So it might not work????

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »
if it don't work Charlie,i'll send her back home.i think i need to update my jig.this sucks because i really like my old one.i am not going to loose hope.yours may work.
Middletown,Ohio