Author Topic: Hickory Shorty-Pyramid Style  (Read 7317 times)

Offline k-hat

Re: Hickory Shorty-Pyramid Style
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 09:32:08 am »
Awe man i'm drooling on my keyboard... love that shorty!!!  Now i know what I'm gonna do with that hickory pyramid stave i had to cut the ends off of (broke while flipn tips).  Still have 55" and it's gonna look an aweful lot like yours (cept the sweet natural camo)! 

What thickness did you end up with at handle, fades, etc?

Offline JonW

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »
HVW and k-hat,
      The experts will tell you that a pyramid should be an even thickness. Risking opening up the proverbial "can", I have not found that to always be the case. It is not much difference at all mind you but I do have more thickness at the handle into the fades normally. This bow is real close to 5/8" at the handle and into the fades and tapers ever so slightly that you can't really see it by eye. This style is fairly easy to tiller if you know what the floor tiller should look like.

Thanks again guys for the kind words.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 01:26:08 pm »
Great bow made all the better with it getting meat....btw "just a doe" is mighty good eating, and defiantly something to be proud of.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline rps3

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:01 pm »
I like your bow alot, and I have more hickory to work than I will ever need. Definetly have to give toasting a try after seeing your results. Congrats on the deer also. If doe were all I ever shot, I would be very happy, they just taste so good.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »
Very nice all around....  the back looks sweet, the tiller looks great and a meat makin bonas!!!

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 07:33:05 pm »
Jon, thats a sweet job on that Hic. yes please get some more shots of the belly, tips. would love to see more.
Thanks, Graylan

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 11:36:27 am »
Very well done. Short, powerful, camoed. Perfect hunting bow for sure.  Great job.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline swamp yeti

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »
Nice looking bow,well done.