Author Topic: Where to buy points?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline ravenbeak

• Pacific Yew Wood
    • Ravenbeak Natureworks
Where to buy points?
« on: May 30, 2012, 09:54:56 pm »
Hi guys

I am trying to put together a set of six arrows for a special person and since I am by no means a knapper,  I thought I would ask those who are.

I looked through some of the recent posts and saw some stunning work.   If anyone here sells them or knows somewhere that does I would love to hear about it.   not sure yet if I will go with a matched set or a variety of stones yet,  but I should know soon

thanks,  in advance,

Jamie
Custom Yew Bows,  and bow making workshops
www.ravenbeak.com

Offline JEB

Re: Where to buy points?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »
go to flintknappers.com and check out Mike Cooks  points for sale.  he is a master flintknapper.

Jon

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:37 am »
Some guys on here might be interested in trading points for other stuff.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline StevenT

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:14 am »
I bet you could offer to make a couple extra arrows in trade for the points and someone on here would be willing to do that. Like Sparrow suggested, why buy when you can trade.  :)

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:37:32 pm »
I make hunting points for several primitive archers.  To see a good example, search for my name (Dan Hamblin) at see some photos posted by Half Eye.  Good representation of a variety of points mounted on his arrows.  One of those took his buck last fall. 

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »
Ravenbeak.  Did you find someone to make hunting points.  I am done making points for my small gang of primitive hunters and have time to make some.  Half Eye can vouche form my points and he has posted pictures of points mounted on arrows.  Let me know soon before I get into my Christmas knife making orders.