Author Topic: Bowstring dye rubbing off.  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Cloudfeather

Bowstring dye rubbing off.
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »
I made myself a black and red string from B-50 and it tends to bleed color onto the polyurethane, where it rubs near the string nock. Anyone have a solution to this? Maybe putting extra string wax on that part of the string? Can you serve the loop?(If so how?) Thanks in advance.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Bowstring dye rubbing off.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »
Red B-50 has always bled. Either get used to it of try something else. The other colors are more stable but for some reason red isn't.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 02:16:31 am »
Red B-50 has always bled. Either get used to it of try something else. The other colors are more stable but for some reason red isn't.

Yep , bummer huh >:(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 02:37:02 am »
I just noticed green will bleed too.  Never bothered me if there was a little color left on my old glass recurves, but when I saw the green waxy crud left on the bent tab tips of the hupa replica bow I have in progress... >:( >:(.   I guess need to go to a sinew tillering string now too.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:13:30 am »
I went from a 12 strand B-50 to a 14 strand. Seems that the wider area doesn't focus as much pressure in a small line. Still bleeds a bit, but not as bad.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:14:37 am »
Fast flight doesn't bleed for me.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.