Author Topic: Disk golf???  (Read 1816 times)

Offline jeffhalfrack

Disk golf???
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:22:16 pm »
  My  town  just  opened a  12  hole disk  golf course free!!   what  a  blast!!! my  buddy  is  into it  big time  he lives out of state I've been   curious  but  the  bug  has  bitten  my six year old  son and I  bad!!   wondering if  there  are  any  players  here ??  we  need   all the  tips  we  can  get!!   thanks  Jeff

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: Disk golf???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »
Can't help ya on any tips as me and my 2 boys & my best bud just started playing a month ago.  They have a 18 holer about 4 minutes from my door up along the shores of lake MI with hills, dunes, wooded holes and the whole mess...addictive and fun!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:33:24 pm »
What is it?
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:29:45 pm »
It's a frisbee game kinda like golf yothrowaway a frisbee at a chain Basket to score that's all I know about it
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Dclarke

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:02 am »
It's a great game!
I teach it in my Phys. Ed. classes usually in the fall as it is an opportunity for the kids to socialize and get back into the routine of school.
It is golf played with Frisbees. My advice would be to get some different sized Frisbees some heavy and some lighter.
The heavier ones are more like "drivers" and then the lighter ones are more like your shorter irons and/or putter.
It also gives you options if it is windy

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:53 pm »
WE Played 5times  since friday,,,,,,,do we have a  problem??  We  found out my  6yr old is the  youngest player so far,, man  he  loves it (this is a brand new course)  Jeff W

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 11:08:21 am »
I think they hold the world championship of disc golf here in Florence Al. There was talk of closing the disc golf course at Veteran's Park to build a water park so it may be a thing of the past.

Offline SA

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:52:52 pm »
i used  to play alot years ago but haven't lately it is a fun game , we have tons of courses here i okla city and norman and i have ran into a few in small towns across the state while working. it seems to be getting more popular , i need to dust off my frisbees and go play some , you guys have fun ..oh and that is the best part it's free :)
 the only tips i can give is to pay attention to the distance marked on the disks, most places that sell them also have charts that show how each one breaks or goes more straight that can help alot , and get a putter disk !!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:57:34 pm by sa »
Shawn Acker