Author Topic: New Bow design idea  (Read 3925 times)

kurogane_84

New Bow design idea
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:31:37 pm »
Hello all im planning a bow its is a pyramid bow, heres a link to the images

Yes i know there are a few pics of Princess Merida's bow from the new Disney Pixar's movie Brave, its the closest thing i can find to an old bow my Grandfather showed me, but alas when my aunt took posession of Grandpas house the bow was cracked and used for firewood, im looking to build one from hickory if i can or even Osage, it had the orangy look of osage but it was birch, the design was actually carved and burnt into the wood, im thinking a reflex deflex bow or a long bow with recurve tips, any advice and ideas are welcomed and greatly appreciated

kurogane_84

Re: New Bow design idea
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »

Offline sound maker

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 02:56:05 am »
You know that bow looks more like a gullwing bow with leather wrap tips that are reflex from that new disney movie.
I am not the best but learn from the wise and you'll end up being called he best!
 What one person calls common sense another calls wisdom.

kurogane_84

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 06:06:29 pm »
You know that bow looks more like a gullwing bow with leather wrap tips that are reflex from that new disney movie.

ive never heard of that style i must google it and see, the one im trying to replicate is a pyramid shaped long bow, with some refelx in the limbs, and the design on the disney bow is the closest i can find to the design from memory, can you give me a few names of bow shapes off the top of your head?? im very interested, ive only used long bows, recurves and pyramid bows, and my newest bow is a reflex deflex long bow from Tomahawk

Offline sound maker

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »
   http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,28032.msg372955.html#msg372955
This is another one that druid has made. You should look at his postes because he has made more then a few gullwings that are real nice. If I remember correctly he maybe have explain how he goes about making a gullwing bow.
I am not the best but learn from the wise and you'll end up being called he best!

kurogane_84

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:35 pm »
   http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,28032.msg372955.html#msg372955
This is another one that druid has made. You should look at his postes because he has made more then a few gullwings that are real nice. If I remember correctly he maybe have explain how he goes about making a gullwing bow.

Hmmm im going to have to check out his posts, this one looks very promising   ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 10:38:13 pm »
Druid's work is exceptional.  Many of us hold his work in pretty high esteem.  Set your sights on his work and bear down, I'd love to see whatcha turn out!  Remember, you gotta post pics!

-john
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

kurogane_84

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »
yes man when i start work i will post em, as of tonight a branch hit my bows handle, no damage to the bow, smarted me fingers tho, and the leather got ripped off, im trying to clean the old glue off the bows wood, but i dont want to scratch up the  clear coat on it, any one got any advice??

Offline sound maker

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 04:22:07 am »
I would say goo begone but not sure if that will do anything to the finish.