Author Topic: bowfishing  (Read 4262 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: bowfishing
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »
Nice fishing setup, just don't scratch up that nice Kodiak. :'( ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:11:49 pm »
Looks like fun,nice set up Steve. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »
Eddie,it is a black panther hunter from the seventies.was the first bow my uncle bought.when compounds came around,he switched to a pierson.i scored the bow for 8 bucks.what a bargin.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:06 pm »
Spent the day bow fishing the Boyson.  Just wading and shooting.  The water was cloudy from all the spawning so had lots of shots at shadows only to have them boil away.  Lost count of the hits and kills, but the sea gulls liked the results.  Lots of fun!  A/Ho Joe    Someday I will learn how to post pictures and then you will all be sorry!!
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline seabass

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »
can't wait to see some pics Joe.i hope you had a great time.bowfishing can be addictive.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 11:34:55 am »
I want to see some pics from you Wolf Watcher!  what I do is pretty simple....  I take a picture with my cell phone.  Send it to my e-mail.  Open it up in my e-mail - right click that picture and save it to my desktop.  Go to post a topic here on PA and after you post you click on Attachments and other options.  Browse desktop.... and walla!  you are posting pics.  I bet there is another way, but I am pretty low tech....  that's all I got.  My little samsung flip phone lets me edit my photos, so I can resize them to fit here.  I got the samsung flip fone for simplicity of use and sheer indestructability, since I manage to break things that aren't "job site" rated....  Now, show me some fish!
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 12:30:35 pm »
Now that's funny!  Just got a new phone and have no idea how to use it!  We have no cell phone foot print here and if the phone is not on airplane mode the battery runs down searching for some bars!  Getting it to switch from airplane mode to talk is beyond my capability.  Have been to the phone people twice and still can't figure it out.  Stacey Huston has tried to teach me and since then I have a new confuser with all new ways of photo use!  It is undoubtably the most frustrating thing in my life!  Now if Pappy and Miss Joanie would come for a visit between the times in the mountains he could teach me how to post the pictures.  A couple of years ago Hawk Huston, his son Josiah, and I shot 86 carp in one afternoon.  Stacey has some pictures from that day! This ole computer is my life line to the world and I am thankful for the PA site and all the like minded artisans I find there!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »
Wyoming, huh?.....  sorry brother, I don't think my advice is gonna help! ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline seabass

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 05:46:47 pm »
going fishing tomarrow,i'll post some pics if i get lucky.my buddy Tim is coming by and going with me for the first time.wish us luck.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 07:41:29 pm »
Get 'em Seabass.  I think this heat wave is gonna keep me in the shade for the next few days.... We need rain.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline seabass

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 12:08:33 am »
we also need the rain.we are going at the worst time,the heat of the day.the carp will be there though.they always seem to be there.if we can hit them or not will be another story.
Middletown,Ohio