Author Topic: hows she looking  (Read 7895 times)

Offline danny f

Re: hows she looking
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »
here the latest im gona leave it for the night now ive had enough lol. i think it is nearly there now getting it to 26" just 2 more to go woo hoo. :)

Offline Josh B

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »
She's looking real good!  I look forward to seeing her all dolled up!  Josh

Offline danny f

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »
i have been doing some more work on the tillering today and i think it is looking ok now i pulled it to 27" and it was drawing 52 pound. i would be happy with that draw weight but i will have to take abit more off to get the last inch. should i scrape full length on both limbs or can you see anywhere that looks stiffer than others that i should work on first thanks. :)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 04:14:50 pm »
That looks really great now.
Final finishing and fettling, slimming the tips doing the grip/shelf/tip overlays etc etc may well get you the last inch.
I'd be tempted to shoot it in for say 50 arrows to let it all settle and then re-weigh it and make any final adustments.
Or just give it a few strokes of the scraper over each limb and call it done.
That's a fine bit of work, great strides from your first. You can be justifiably proud of that bow.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline danny f

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 04:22:43 pm »
cheers del your comments and advice are well appreciated. i think i will get the bow sanded and get the tips and handle done and see how it looks, i dont have any arrows yet so i cant shoot it in lol. i will post pics when its all done thanks again for the help. :D