Author Topic: I've declared War  (Read 5714 times)

Offline lowell

Re: I've declared War
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 09:18:07 pm »
LOL!!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:34:54 pm »
    Well J.W. You certainly hit on a perfect description on raising a Jack Russel! ;)
     I have Friends who used to raise them, and now have just one.  My neighbor had one also.  Neat dog, but it is like trying to catch one of those super balls, once they start bouncing..... :o
                                                          Wayne
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:30:06 pm by stickbender »

Offline seabass

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 12:46:19 am »
i have some Aguila superbcolibri long rifle shells.they have no powder in the case.they only use the priming mix to launch the bullet.only 550 feet per second.they are as quiet as a pop gun.i have killed racoons in my gradmothers attic,and she never heared the report.i don't know if i can send them in the mail,but if you need a box i will try and send you some.let me know.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 12:53:01 am »
I like this kind of war.. Pellet gun with a decent scope, sling shoot can be fun and a bow for sure..

I know it's common to use toxins, but I would not. Just my way.. BUT if you insist, corn soaked in antifreeze ( etheline glycol) is extremely toxic, sweet to the taste and cheep..

I would not recommend any pyrotechnics.. Bad idea after Oklahoma City..

Have success and post pics ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 01:02:44 am »
I don't like using toxins either. Too indiscriminate and the dead chipmone could poison other critters that might eat them.  With chipmonk holes around the house I dump used cat litter in them and/or pee in them.  ;D It doesn't take long for them to abandon that hole.
  A friend got a hose that attaches to his car exhaust pipe. He cranks the car and lets it run for about 15 minutes with the hose in the hole.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wolleybugger

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 01:06:54 am »
 >:D The war started out with three confirmed munk kills. Used a new crossman 177 cal. pellet gun. Didn't put on the scope and used open sights.The gun shoots a pellet 1000 fps. Sat on my back porch with a good Rockey Patel cigar, loaded pellet gun and plenty of targets. Don't get much better than that. Might have to  see if I can get a couple on the run.lol

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 01:41:05 am »
Looking forward to seeing the monk backed bow  >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:09 am »
Aim small, miss small!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Newindian

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »
I had a similar conflict with the squirrels, killed three in two days, came out the next day and found four of them in the front yard. Decided it was a truce :D. Latter I got up on the roof with my bow, and while I'm sitting up on the roof contemplating their death, one of them deccides to come up and challeng me with his friends sitting at the bottom of the tree( I could of knocked him out of the tree with my hand) decided I couldn't kill him they are like pets  :'(
I like free stuff.

Offline Patches

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »
I declared war on mice once in a house that I had rented.  They mice would come around the corner in the living room and sit, so I got the bright idea to shoot at them with a bow.  After 3 arrows into the wall, I decided to try a blowgun.  Found out I am less accurate with the blowgun than the bow (good news was the holes in the wall were smaller).  Even though I did probablly more damage to the house than the mice did, I had fun shooting at them. By the time i moved out of the house I had killed over 100 mice, several rats, and a bunch of armadillos that were bound and determined to undermine my propane tank and make it fall over.  Critters make life interesting!   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 03:59:55 pm »
A couple walnuts scattered around their hole, a window cracked open just enough to get the barrel of my airgun out of, and a cold lemonade.. one comes up to eat the nuts... POP!, and no more chipmunk. Repeat as necessary.  ;D ;D

Jon