Author Topic: New Archery program......  (Read 3080 times)

gene roberts

New Archery program......
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:10:31 pm »
My dad is the p.e. coach at my school.He has started a new archery program introducing many children into bows.The only problem is the only thing we could get was compound :o.Oh well,we'll use 31inch aluminum arras,tabs,no sights,feild points,and we'll shoot INSIDE the gym with a kelvar backstop!!!To bad there compounds oh well it could be worse.By the way were shootin Mathew Genisis bows(NICE).

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: New Archery program......
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:18 pm »
Any exposure to shooting bows, or activities of this kind is wonderful.  Tell your dad we are proud of him.  If he wants some self bows, to let the kids shoot something different. Ill bet myself and half a dozzen other guys from this site would donate some appropriate bows.   ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 08:58:14 pm »
Here in the UP of Michigan the schools have started archery programs and its going real good but as you say compounds. Our town is in the process
of building a recreation park and the best part is it will include a archery range ;D I'm with Justin I will build and donate a self bow if requested but it will have to wait until after huntin season ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:55:15 pm »
If it's like some of the programs down here,Letting the kids shoot some of your"home made" bows might be a Liability issue.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?