Author Topic: my trade with halfeye  (Read 2465 times)

Offline H Rhodes

my trade with halfeye
« on: June 12, 2012, 10:00:01 am »
I traded bows with halfeye and I finally got my hands on one of his short, bend thru the handle beauties!  This bow is 55" ntn and is as light as a feather.  It almost feels too small to take seriously, until you string it....  Then you notice the early string tension and you realize that it has perfect tiller.  This lilttle bow is exactly what I was hoping for!  It releases smooth as silk and it's cast equals bows twice or three times it's weight.  Rich, you are the master of the short bendy handle bow.  Thanks so much!   
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:36:37 am by hrhodes »
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: my trade with halfeye
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:43:47 am »
Now that's what I call a trade. Good for you, Howard. I think you both did very well. Rich does indeed make some nice shorties!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline autologus

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:46:50 am »
What does it pull and what is the draw length.  It sure would be a sweet brush bow, light and maneuverable.
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 11:09:04 am »
I haven't weighed it but I would put it right around 40lbs and it draws 28".  It is a fine hunting bow.  I think Rich is truly dialed in to making a hunting bow like our ancestors used to feed themselves.  This bow could be carried in the field with a minimum of effort and puts my cane arrows 10 inches deep in my hay bale target.  It is amazing how much energy this little beauty stores.  I am tickled with it. :)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 11:11:49 am »
Glad ya like it Howard, hope it serves ya long and well.....if not we'll make you another one. At least the pitch and grease dont smell too bad,eh >:D
rich

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:21:17 am »
Man, I love it!  I think that magic potion you put on it is really something.  The grain just pops out on that white ash.  I shot about a hundred arrows thru her yesterday evening.  That little bow shoots sweet!  It's hard to beat a well tillered D bow.  I think that taking every design into consideration, they are my absolute favorite.    Great trade Rich.  Thanks for all that sinew too!  I won't run out anytime soon.  ;)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 12:32:51 pm »
Sweet little bow. Very nice. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:47:32 pm »
beautiful bend on that baby. 
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Josh B

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 02:41:27 pm »
Very nice on both ends of the deal!  I'm impressed with Rich's finish as well.  Josh

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 02:41:46 pm »
Very nice!  I have one of Rich's shorties too, but it occupies a special spot in my shop and doesn't get shot.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline bubby

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:19 pm »
rich's bows are a pleasure to shoot, hit hard and are just cool, i dont know about george but i promised to shoot the snot outta mine and i'm doing just that >:D, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »
It is too much fun to leave on the rack.  I plan to shoot this one a bunch :).
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi