Author Topic: string music, not from the bow, but the UKE  (Read 1580 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
string music, not from the bow, but the UKE
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:05:15 am »
This is not bow related, but still a great time and I'm lucky enough to live down the road and be best buddies w/ the guy who started it.  It's all free, it's called the UKULELE WORLD CONGRESS and it's this weekend in Brown County, Indiana.  Check it out on facebook or youtube or google it and it'll all be there for you to see.  If your in the neiborhood or love the uke, you're invited by me.  Everything is free.  This is kinda like the TC of the uke world.  People come from all over the world...France, Sweeden, Australia, BC, and many more.  Check it out.  dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline chertle

Re: string music, not from the bow, but the UKE
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:37:36 am »
Derik....sounds really fun.  I haven't heard of it before.  Does it go all weekend?  Maybe if we aren't doing anything we will stop by and check it out!  Looks like it is going to be beautiful  :)
Leslie
Indiana

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 11:54:06 am »
Starts Thursday, some people are already there, really starts on friday, then Saturday and some on Sunday, but Sunday night is in a special place off of owl creek, that's my favorite night of all.  All the folks from over seas and far away all get together for one last night.  I sleep a lot on Monday.  ;D See ya there, dpg

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:17:26 pm »
Sounds kind of like the Classic, just with tiny guitars instead of bows  ;D

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:55:10 pm »
Love the Uke I bought while in Hawaii... They are a beautiful instrument...

Jon

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »
Bring the family Clint and Leslie, it's a family affair.  John, I'm sure there is someone from out east coming.  My Buddy was in NY from Paris, FR heading to Graceland right now.  They'll be here on Thursday.   ;D ;D ;D dp

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 11:30:59 am »
It's all started!!  There were about 30 people in the field lastnight and about twice that expected for tonight.  AND it doesn't start until Friday!  Oh yea!! gonna be a lot of sleeping on Monday.  >:D  You're all welcome to come. Tell em Derik sent you.  If you can't make it, I bet you can youtube it today and get some footage from lastnight.  These guys and gals love posting vids of this event.  Have a gooder, dpg

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:45:29 am »
Hey Derik, we took a drive over your way last night, but got confused about the location and ended up over in your neck of the woods. I called your house and got the machine and then your wife picked up and told me that you guys were over by Lake Lemon. I should have double checked the website info but we went on a leather run to Nashville. Maybe next year. Take care and hope you had fun!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:15:08 pm »
Sorry you missed it Tracy.  Shew wee!!  I just got home from Thursday night.  Made a great point I gave to Thomy Palooza from MO, if any of you know him out there.  He's in a uke band call the Flea Bitten Dogs.  Also got a lot of video made of me making a point taken by a guy from Cinci that does informational bloggs.  Shew wee!!  I just got home from Thursday night.  Did I already say that?  I gotta go to bed, got to work in the morning and am running on 14 hours sleep in 4 nights.  Wish you'd a made it. dpg