Author Topic: Gone to the Dogs...  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Gone to the Dogs...
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:45:00 pm »
Well the Pack Grows...

Four weeks old and starting to Wean!
They are starting to attack ankles, towels, blankets and each other... :)
Both parents are outa hunting stock.
Planning on keeping one Male for a new hunting buddy.

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Gone to the Dogs...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:57:12 am »
Cute pups!!!!!
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:07:48 am »
Those are fine looking puppies ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:43 am »
My fiancé will melt when I show her this picture :) Labs are our favorite breed, especially of the chocolate variety! 

One thing I learned though - the one that comes up to you first and starts chewing on your shoelaces is NOT the one you should pick ;)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:50:59 am »
Nice lookin pups, I have a big one of those, and his name is Gus. He's my huntin buddy too. I noticed right away that chocolate labs tend to be a little territorial. Have you noticed that too. And man is he loud. He likes to bark at everything, and that dog will eat anything he can fit in his mouth! He's almost 4 years old now, will he ever calm down?

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 10:31:42 am »
Nice lookin pups Gus!!  Labs are my favorite breed.  My wife and I rescued a lab mix about 2 years ago now, shes kinda on the small side though, about 45lbs.  Named her Brandy, when she was a pup I would let her sleep on my chest in the recliner and now she is a 45lb lap dog.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 12:38:38 pm »
Love labs! my family has a 1 1/2 yr old chocolate Jaxson, that will not stop chewing things. wiring harness for my wifes fuel pump on her 2007 acadia..gone! rear taillight harness on my 2001 f150...gone! the rubber body plugs under my truck..same thing. the kicker was when after this I chew proofed the wiring on my truck only to have him then chew the rear brake line in half! >:(  he is the most family freindly dog though, my kids love him.  good bunch of pups there. enjoy!
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »
Thank You George and Cipriano... They are Cuties for sure.

I hear ha Cameroo, I got my first Chocolate Lab, his name was Bunny, from my cousin back in "99".
Cousin bought him for his new wife for Christmas, I knew it would last, told him when they got tired of the dog, "Call Me".
Two weeks later he was mine, chewing up everything in their house he could reach and peeing and pooping on expensive carpets and rugs.
He was a Babe Magnet, got more phone numbers and dates taking him to the beach and parks... :)

I have heard that as well Tattoo Dave.
But I haven't seen that to be true in all cases, I think it depends on the dog.
Bunny was very happy go lucky, the Whole World was His Territory so there was no problem.
He was my 90 pound Chocolate Bunny, and the Fetchingest Dog I Ever Met!  :)

Thanks Jimbob, my Female is a small black lab named Moon and she is about 45 lbs.
The Sire was not a large dog as well running about 65 lbs, I guess I'd call him Cinnamon in color.
They both have large dog genes in them but they were the runts I guess.
They are both papered, so the pups will have papers as well.

Eric you sound like you are describing Bunny.
He chewed up everything he could reach.
Boat Trailer Lights, Trailering wiring bundle on my truck, all the tassels on my Scooter, and too many things lost or now forgotten to name... :)
I swear that dog was psychic, if I walked past something and thought, "I should pick/put that up or it'll get chewed"
if I didn't pick it up right then, it would be chewed the very next time I saw it.

He finally grew outa most of the worst of it by three or so...
Best Dog that ever owned me.

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline jermcramp1

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »
They are gettin big! Good lookin litter!
Even the dogs get the crumbs...

Offline agd68

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 08:51:12 am »
Hey Gus
Nice Pups. We have a Yellow lab male right now, he's a little smallish, 70lbs and skinny like a hound but king of all he surveys in his own mind.. Have to get a new pup for hunting Buddy come spring ( Old boys hips went bad ) and are leaning towards Chocolate.
Yep , best dogs in the world. Most are hyper until about 2-3 years old. Heard a little saying about them, " Chew til they're two, shed til they're dead". Too true.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh