Author Topic: My new catamarak, rattler skinning, and Seagrape shorty.  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Parnell

My new catamarak, rattler skinning, and Seagrape shorty.
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:04:10 am »
I've been waiting a long time to pull the trigger on buying a kayak.  I wanted this specific one, so I can STAND UP!  Already been out fishing on it and rescued 4 Columbian ladies who thought the Estero River was a circle... ???
I couldn't be happier with the thing, got about a million ideas running through my head for setting up a canopy, lights, night fishing, night bow-fishing, sleeping in it, hunting out of it, etc.
Also, including pictures of my first snake skin job on an osage bow I posted months back.
Also, my sea-grape shorty.  Just about 40# at 22".  Bow is 45" ntn.  I actually dropped this bows weight about 5 # or so and I enjoy shooting it out to 20 yards.  The arrow is 27" and flies properly even though it is way to heavily spined.  I like seagrape.
1’—>1’

Offline Parnell

Re: My new catamarak, rattler skinning, and Seagrape shorty.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 12:05:19 am »
Bow isn't finished but I thought I'd post a little something.
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:08 am »
Nice bend in that little bow, Steve. Well done.  Looking forward to seeing you and Angie again at the Classic. I hope she can make it.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 01:23:13 am »
Thats a nice little boat, I have never seen one like that before.  Cool bow too!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 02:08:57 am »
Steve you look like a happy man!! I really like that little boat and that and that little bow sure has some bend in it!! WOW:)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:36 am »
That bow is a beauty,should work well in the kayak. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 11:13:28 am »
I've never seen a catamaran 'yak before, that's pretty cool.  How does it track?
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:22:23 am »
Thanks Pat looking forward to catching up with you, also.
Pappy, heat treating seems to do well, it seems to have great tension and elasticity but I think a wider limb is the key.  With no rings to chase a bow can be made quickly.  Can't imagine long shots will come in with bow-fishing so I'm liking the short bow.  Looking forward to figuring out how to rig it up and make fishing arrows!
Jimbob, Jonathan, thanks.  The boat tracks much better than a normal kayak.  I had some serious conditions last weekend with outgoing full moon tide and wind and it handled much better.  The bench seat doesn't let my rear and lower back go numb either, which is nice.
I'm holding my own Cipriano!  Quiet time on the water has got to add years to life.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 11:30:44 am »
Steve I was just thinking you might bring that to the Classic,you could us it as a life boat. ;D ;D Chuck[chi-ching] came up several years ago from Florida and had a pair of kayaks on top of his truck,It was his first time there and first thing I said to him,was So you have heard about this place,we still laugh about that. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 12:34:49 pm »
I could anchor myself to Eddie and dangle a beer out in front of him like a carrot and a horse!!! ;D
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »
Or, I could get in my kayak ad just get to the cooler before you. >:D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:48 am »
Race ya!
1’—>1’

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:45 am »
Looks like a kyakamaran with plenty of fish storage.Nice bows I like the snakey one.You can get a reel spool that attaches to the bow and arrows that have a place to attach the leader line .Here snookie snookie( I didn't say that outload did I )Have a good one
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 05:30:06 pm »
Steve, I have a strap on fish reel attachment.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?