Author Topic: Headed To California for the Week  (Read 3625 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Headed To California for the Week
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 12:41:31 am »
i must be a pretty awful bastard for not enjoying my time here. ...

Na.. You're young :)

Winchester House, Jack London square and museum and his estate which I believe is a Nat Park up in the hills. If you haven't read his lit read it. Especially The Sea Wolf.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 01:41:18 am »
Dictionary,   California is nearly as big as Texas and twice as pretty.   SF is a very little portion of it.  You will really have to come back on some other trip and take a look at other parts of the state.   But.... enjoy what you can of SF.    Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline criveraville

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 01:53:01 am »
California is nearly as big as Texas and twice as pretty.

Ron, just because we're you can say that ;)

And of course you are right. Lots and lots and lots of beautiful places...

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Dane

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 08:50:27 am »
Sittin at the hotel today....been a busy week,got one more day left tomorrow. I really didn't like walking around SF because a city is a city is a city to me, seen one seen em all. But once we got out of the city into the countryside traveling up highway 1, mannnn i was amazed at california. You guys got it all .THe pacific ocean, the rolling hills and mountains, great fresh seafood, beautiful sights, huge trees at the redwoods, great bike lanes and motorcycling is very much encouraged here. I saw the redwoods today and WOW........im really glad i had the opportunity to come here and see what you guys got. Its absolutely gorgeous. I'll leave the city to the city folks but after out of the city i couldnt hide my awe of the place. I'm actually saddened i only got the opportunity to see the northern side. I think i'm going to see Alkatraz tomorrpw...think i spelled that wrong. Maybe i'll post a few pictures come sunday or monday. My body clock is going to be all messed up though

So you are having a good time. See. Told ya so. California is so diverse, and there is somthing for everybody. Just in your area, the hikes around Ft. Baker, on the Sosolito side, just across the Golden Gate Bridge, are fun. The old artillary sites are really impressive, and it feels like another world compared to SF. Alcatraz is going to blow you away, you are lucky to have gotten tickets to visit it. The redwoods are mind blowing, arent they? There is even a ghost town on the bay, but really hard to find. If you ever get to Southern CA, you can be skiing in the morning and hiking in the desert in the afternoon, and end up having dinner on the beach, lots to see and do there, and it is where I grew up, so I have a bias. They have a big primitive archery and atlatl and skills community out near Pasadena too, with Tom Mills and his gang. You have Death Valley and Mono Lake and some other places that are must sees, too.

But glad you are having fun. Enjoy the rest of the trip. Post pics.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline bubby

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 11:48:56 pm »
or head up north by me, we got mt shasta, mt lassen, you can walk the same country as ishi, some of the best rainbow fishin' around, it's a cool place, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline criveraville

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 01:52:31 am »
Yep. Bub is right. Beautiful places. I've been to both. Hunted out of McCloud and spent some days in Dunsmir. Lived in Redding at the time.

Cipriano

Offline bubby

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 04:17:50 am »
cipriano, i wont hold you living in redding against you, everyone makes a mistake now and then ;D, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline johnston

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 10:50:32 am »
Wife and I just got back from a week in Monterey and California, at least where we were, was beautiful
with out-going friendly people.Our son was graduating from the language school(he is Navy) and he's
been out there for a little over a year. Being a trail runner, he knew some stunning places. Big Sur and
Point Lobos National Park just blew this southern boy away.

One afternoon we did the weekly farmer's market and it was amazing what the area produces. We only
saw the airport in San Francisco so I can't comment on that but I will say that our trip changed my
entire perception of the Left coast and it's people.

Lane

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 12:12:38 am »
One of the prettiest places I went to out there was Monterey. I also enjoyed Sacramento. Being an old Surfer bum I had to go to Big Sur.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Traxx

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 03:46:45 pm »
As was said allready,Ca is probably the most diverse state in the country.Actually,it is like different states within a state,in many ways.There are many beautifull and awe inspiring places within its boundries.Some of the best in the state,are not very well known and not often visited by the generall public,and i hope they stay that way too.Unfortunately,many of these remote places,attract an element of less than honorable intentions,so be awake out there.