Author Topic: Osage lumber and fences posts near Huntsville, AL.  (Read 1850 times)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Osage lumber and fences posts near Huntsville, AL.
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:52:49 am »
I have run across some osage lumber to include boards 8 to 10 feet long and some old osage fence posts in the Huntsville area. The wood was cut about 40 years ago and has been stored in a barn. If any of you are near there and are interested in some of it, pm me for details and a proposal.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:58:44 am by lesken2011 »
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Osage near Huntsville, AL.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:49:07 am »
I am about three hours drive from Huntsville, but I have too much already....  Sounds like you hit a jackpot though.  How thick are the boards?
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: Osage near Huntsville, AL.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:57:09 am »
Yeah, I'm about 5 hours from there in Mississippi. My son lives in Gadsden, though, a lot closer. They are supposed to be sending me pics, today. It is a mixture of lumber....some 1 in and 2 in thick by 4 to 12 in wide and some fence posts. I currently have no stave material so I;m kinda desperate. I am going to cut some Crepe Myrtle Staves this weekend, though. They said they have about 2 trailer loads and the price seems reasonable.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Osage lumber and fences posts near Huntsville, AL.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:41:54 am »
We live about an hour west of Huntsville.
But my storage sheds are already full of Osage.

Post the photos here when you get them.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: Osage lumber and fences posts near Huntsville, AL.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 08:41:20 pm »
It must be nice, David. If this load looks good, and I can get a bunch of it, I should also be set for a while, too. It looks like I may just have to make the trip with my truck and trailer. I'll post updates as soon as I get them. Thanks for the reply.