Author Topic: bedtime  (Read 1533 times)

Offline iowabow

bedtime
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:51:45 am »
Ever want to go to bed but your rock needs 50 degrees more heat?

(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

Re: bedtime
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:00:10 am »
Ever wanted to go to bed but the roaster over needed 150 more deg? It happened & I did it. I lost a lot of good rock that day. Took me a while to get over the loss.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:05:54 am »
The pains we suffer as flint knappers can only be understood by another! I FEEL YOU BROTHER! Knap-On!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:38:58 am »
Tower I think your going to like that bur brown county stringman is sending.  I am sending some to cowboy that I cooked tonight. 

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:21 am »
That was supposed to be a suprise... So SUPRISE!! But i got to get some good pieces picked out for ya first.  ;D ;D

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:24:24 am »
OHHHHHHHH MANNNNN SORRY!!! I think he will be surprized with each rock because you never know what you got till that first hit. Anyway my cook went real well and the color is great. I went to 575 Scott. I was going to stop at 570 but I was making a point and lost track of time.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:39:26 am »
I gotta stop being lazy and get one of these kilns going. Gotta be better than cooking in the ground. Can't wait John. I really appreciate it..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 11:45:01 am »
I really like my small kiln because I can heat treat a little faster with it and test more temp and material for a smaller cost. it cooks what I might use in a month or two. But my production of points might go way up now that I have been mass producing points. In the past two weeks I have made 80 plus points not counting the points that I broken alone the way. I made 15 bifaces (preforms) last night and then finished one while the kiln was cooking