Author Topic: Holmegaard bow,,,,shooting tips?  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Rcdeer

• Old School..selfbows an flintlocks
Holmegaard bow,,,,shooting tips?
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:57:05 pm »
been trying to shoot this new Holmegaard bow,, love it! made for me by Brad @ catskill archery,, now I'm a lefty...an I am constantly shooting left of target,,, like noticably! shooting/aiming instinct wise, same as my other bows, but this shoots left...realize this bow is wider limbed but...only thing I been thinkin is, I shoot with one eye...would two make a difference?  any help appreciated!  thanks!
A Promise Made is a Debt Unpaid
..Upstate N.Y.

Offline half eye

Re: Holmegaard bow,,,,shooting tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:20:31 pm »
Hey RC,
     Built a lot of Mollegabets/ Holmegaards and they all shoot smooth and hard. If your arrows are spined right there should be no problem......however you may wish too also adjust your angle or attitutde of your bow when shooting. Point your bow hand index finger at the target with both eyes open....then extend your thumb and see what angle it's at.....keep your bow on thart plane and you should have no trouble when shooting the arrows.
     I dont spine my arrows and does not seem to matter which of them I shoot, the bow attitude seems to accomodate the difference in spine. Ya casn try it, if it dont work for you ya aint out nothing ......aint wrote in stone but it works for me.......hope it helps ya out some.
rich

Offline Rcdeer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:57:35 pm »
will try that!  thank you!  arrows shoot good, same spot..jus way left,,,,seems..to the novice, the prob be with the shooter!  so I figured best ask!  thanks!
..Upstate N.Y.

Offline Rcdeer

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:32 pm »
now, not sure which is actually right an proper...but found shootin this holmegaard bow, because of it's wide limbs,,,shooting with one eye open, caused ME to shoot noticably..to the left (I'm a lefty..) but, if I open both eyes,,,an took a lil practice  ,,,I can hone the shots right in... :D I'll tell ya this bow shoots great..flat, fast,an very smooth....thanks! think we got it now!
..Upstate N.Y.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 08:03:16 pm »
Every new bow shoots differently for me.  But the longer you stick with that one bow the better you will get.  It's a matter of the reptilian part of the brain breaking thru and telling the muscles what to do.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.