Author Topic: Stelth Package  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Bevan R.

Stelth Package
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »
Got a smallish box yesterday and thought 'Wow, points!'
Was not expecting this from DRon. I guess now I have to learn a better turkey call than 'Price check on frozen butter ball'.
Thanks Ron!! Really nice and much appreciated.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Stelth Package
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:12:38 pm »
 8) dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline DRon knife

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:25 pm »
YW Bevan! their very easy to use,if you don't have much experience with these calls...google it.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:07:35 pm »
An easy call is to make a series of loops with the striker on the slate. And when it gets too squeaky, sand the slate lightly. Now, go get a bird. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:45:11 pm »
I have a neighbor that has some in his yard. about 1/4 miles away. Might go out in the morning and see if I can call one down the road.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:29:35 am »
Wow, quite the nice looking call you got there.  Whadya wanna get in trade for it!?!?! 

At least I'll use it hunting turkeys instead of putting it on some glass shelf with mirrors all around it, hehehe!   >:D 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:25:27 am »
I want one Ron! What ya need? To me there is nothing better than handmade items, all of them. Very cool slate.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »
Sorry guys, I NEVER trade gifts. I treasure them forever. I will use this, even if it is just to confuse the neighbors birds.
Now Ron, if you come up with a carp call, I will be your beta test for that. :laugh:

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 04:00:33 pm »
That's a sweet looking call, bet it sounds just as good.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline DRon knife

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:32 am »
Glad you like my work guy's! Every thing is hand made on these calls,even the slate is hand drilled and hand split,the only store bought parts are the birch veneer to make the frames and the lacquer finish.

@ Pearl Drums and JW,I have enough parkay cherry left for two more calls and I will make you one,but I'm so busy with work,draw knives,band practice,turkey season,fishing tourneys,shooting 100 arrows a day,chiropractor,plays,side work and mowing a 2 acre lawn that I doubt I can have them ready for turkey this season! Bare with me and I'll get r done! Ron

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:49 am »
Where do you get the slate?  Slate roofing was never used around here and I have yet to find an old pool table top or an old school chalkboard to scavange.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 02:42:42 pm »
Glad you like my work guy's! Every thing is hand made on these calls,even the slate is hand drilled and hand split,the only store bought parts are the birch veneer to make the frames and the lacquer finish.

@ Pearl Drums and JW,I have enough parkay cherry left for two more calls and I will make you one,but I'm so busy with work,draw knives,band practice,turkey season,fishing tourneys,shooting 100 arrows a day,chiropractor,plays,side work and mowing a 2 acre lawn that I doubt I can have them ready for turkey this season! Bare with me and I'll get r done! Ron

Sounds exactly like my schedule except the plays and chiro, I have none. Thanks for considering Ron. Let me know when and I will make it right with you one way or another.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.