Author Topic: If guitarists have G.A.S., do we have B.A.S.,... ?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline toomanyknots

If guitarists have G.A.S., do we have B.A.S.,... ?
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:03 am »
Or maybe B.A.S.S., (Bow Acquisition Syndrome Supreme? )
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline randman

Re: If guitarists have G.A.S., do we have B.A.S.,... ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:54:04 am »
Or for those of us afflicted with both syndromes would it be G.B.A.S.S or B.G.A.S.S.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:53 pm »
 :laugh:

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:07:38 pm »
Anybody got any pictures of their overloaded stock of selfbows? My racks aren't very organized. I want to wait till I have a good wall rack full of longbows, a wall rack of warbows, (up to 100# @ 28", or 115 or so# @ 30"), a wall rack full of recurves, and a wall rack full of native style bows, and THEN I will clean up all my little rasp shavings... ...I swear...  So far I only have 2 contact recurves. Unless you count the static eastern style string bridge kinda recurve. But then again none of those bows have any finishing touches, so they are mostly corner bound anymore. They just don't look right, as most of the ones I've made have a linen backing, but with eastern chinese style recurves (siyahs really) so they look too goofy to me to hang on the wall until I get some rawhide or leather to cover it up. The red oaks and general board bows can go in the corner as well. Unfinished bows or items needing to be repaired can go in the other room, in a different corner. I recently decided on a good cheap way to very easily make a nice looking wall rack, for around 30 bucks. The way I do it the racks are like 4 feet long and can hold eight bows. I think the best way to make a bow, or the most satisfying, is to take as long as you want to make it. To be able to put it down when you have something to do. And the next time you are stressed out, or by youself, or bored, you can pick it back up and kill some time. But after making some racks, I feel like I want to make some bows just to fill up my pretty racks, which I think is taking all the fun out of it for me!  ;D