Author Topic: First Bow, First Success, I'm Hooked. PICS & VIDS!  (Read 6303 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: First Bow, First Success, I'm Hooked. PICS & VIDS!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »
Its not the worse addiction you could have chosen! So, nice chose!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 02:25:37 pm »
Impressive first bow...a hecka lot better than my first attempt lol.

Looks like you can still lose some weight off it and spread some bend to the inner limbs.  From the video it looks like u are overbowed and shaking towards the end of the draw.  Rather lose some weight off and learn good form so you don't get stuck on bad habits

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 03:15:39 pm »
I'm overwhelmed with all your support, insight, and eagerness to share knowledge! Thanks for all your tidbits, I'm sorry for not addressing you all personally but I got something from each one of your posts. I have built a tillering mechanism out on my shed, in regards to what Eric Krewson was saying, hopefully that will help me achieve more even, symmetrical bends the next time around. I will also be picking up a scale from wal-mart as Johnston suggested. To everyone else, I cannot wait to create another one, thanks so much for the encouragement!

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »
well done, if you're first bow shoots arrows then its a great success and you got some good advice for the next one...
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline bubby

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
good luck with your new"hobby", thats code for addiction, and that tillering gizmo can be a bow saver, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Eric Krewson

Offline 1000000volts

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »
very nice work ,i know how much effort it takes to make a bow,keep at it you will get better.one thing i noticed is the lower limb is bending more towards you,have you tried shooting it the other way up,cos on longbows the upper limb is very slightly more bendy than the lower one,dont ask me why ive struggled with this for years i just except it.

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:15 pm »
SAY GOODBYE TO ANY FREETIME YOU ONCE POSSESSED!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.