Author Topic: Found a new favorite store  (Read 1646 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Found a new favorite store
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:47:31 pm »
I found a new favorite store today.  A few days ago I noticed it opened up in an old empty building in the small town that I live close to.  What caught my attention was a mounted fox in the front window with a monkey on its back.  I stopped in today and checked it out.  It is kind of a second hand store.  There was a lot of antiques, DVD's, Albums and furniture.  He has a lot of old tools and some newer ones.  There was a 5 gallon bucket fool of files and rasps.  I dug through it hoping to find a #49 or #50.  He said some guy came and bought a bunch of the Nicholsons.  I picked out an old Craftsman coping saw that looked almost new.  I asked about drawknifes and he said he had two but they were both gone.  He mentioned that he was getting a big Grizzly bandsaw next week.  I told him to get used to seeing me becase I would be stopping in once a week to see what new stuff he has.  I can't wait to check out that Grizzly, to bad I can't afford it  :'(
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Found a new favorite store
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »
Clint that sounds like a great store especially with a fox riding monkey 8) Take pics of that grizzly just for fun :)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline seabass

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:08:53 am »
Clint,i hope the guy will cut you a break on the grizzly.you are a good guy and you deserve one brother.good luck,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 12:46:49 am »
Steve, I got an almost new 12" craftsman off of Craigslist last year dirt cheap so I really don't need it.  I will definitely check it out and try to get a picture of it.  I'm going to give the guy my number and have him call me if he gets any drawknifes in.

Cipriano, I take it you are a fan of Dion Sanders and the dog riding monkey  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 01:48:07 pm »
So now you just need to find out who is competin with you for tools! Any old copper soldering irons? I really have a love/hate relationship with those kinds of stores. Of the higher priced ones my dad says they like thier junk too much!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »
I would give him a $50 and a wink. Tell him to save all his rasps and draw kinives for you once a week to sort through.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lowell

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:52:50 pm »
Post a picture of the monkey and the fox!! >:D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!