Author Topic: dummy of the year award  (Read 4029 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: dummy of the year award
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »
Thanks for the pointers guys.
gd the out sidestuff seams ok worried about yours
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline jtbluefeather

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:06 pm »
I've been talking with PatB about this over at TG.  But will pick some brains here, too! Would you all suggest peel and seal for HHB then, too?  I'm brand new to staves, have built some board bows, but want to learn staves, too. So I'm hunting the local HHB for takers this spring.  Just want to be sure I know what to do before I take out a bunch of good trees so I don't ruin them due to my own lack of knowledge! 

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:16 pm »
I've been talking with PatB about this over at TG.  But will pick some brains here, too! Would you all suggest peel and seal for HHB then, too?  I'm brand new to staves, have built some board bows, but want to learn staves, too. So I'm hunting the local HHB for takers this spring.  Just want to be sure I know what to do before I take out a bunch of good trees so I don't ruin them due to my own lack of knowledge! 

I cut a hornbeam tree in early June and the bark pretty much fell off . I was worried about checking so I sealed the ends and back. That's the only way I would do it now. I used some old poly I had laying around. All the staves turned out great. All cambium came off with the bark....I really liked that

Jon

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:50 pm »
Peel and seal
Thats my motto also !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline jtbluefeather

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »
peel and seal it will be then!

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 01:18:35 am »
My last 2pic hhb staves store the same way in the sane rack are the only ones that emerged free pf bugs and or rot. Now everything will be split debarkd and sealed before it gets put in the rack
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...