Author Topic: aggravatin' tiller  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

aggravatin' tiller
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:31:19 am »
I dont normally ask for approval or help with tiller, but this one is aggravating me. The bow has a fair amount of character so I dont expect it to be 100% perfect, but I want it to be good. taking 1 picture, i didnt like it so i took one the other way and didnt like it either, so i did the circle trick on "paint" and it doesn't look to bad.      take a look and tell me what you think.  The character in the bow shows a little difference in tiller when pics taken from each side, but its pretty close. I dont know if it's worth messing with.  the bow shoots amazing as is and it fact may be my hunting bow for next fall. only think i dont like is that it is 66" long and i like them 60-62" long    but i dont want to cut it down either cuz it shoots so durn good.   maybe im being too picky....lol
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: aggravatin' tiller
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:46:15 am »
I think you are too picky, LOL.  Personally I'd be very happy with that tiller on a character bow.  She looks deadly too~  Nice work.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
I'm with Lee, I can't even tell there's any character in it. Yes you're too picky  :)LOL.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:45:43 pm »
I diagnose tiller fatigue and prescribe a sharp tap to the back of the head with a wooden mallet, or a nice cup of tea, gless of beer, etc.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline dwardo

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:38:51 pm »
I diagnose tiller fatigue and prescribe a sharp tap to the back of the head with a wooden mallet, or a nice cup of tea, gless of beer, etc.
Del

I agree with dell, thats done. Toast her and call it a day.

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »
lol thanks guys, yeah I rekon I will leave it.  It looks good with the circle drawn but without it didnt quite look rite to me, dont know why
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:38:41 pm »
Im the same as you Ryan. I nit pick the heck out of mine to. I need to accept the fact that if it shoots perfect, it is perfect.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 03:37:30 am »
put a fork in her, she's done, tiller look's great to me, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:02 am »
I need to see a picture of the unbraced bow before I can judge tiller in stave bows. Tiller is not about the static curve the wood ends up with when drawn; it's about the amount of bend the wood experiences during pulling.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:32 am »
Let the bow decide the "perfect" tiller by how she shoots and the evenness of pressure on the handle. I think the tiller looks great though. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!