Author Topic: 1st Bow tiller check?  (Read 2060 times)

Offline 15DLongbow

• I pretend to know what I'm doing.
1st Bow tiller check?
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »
Got it basically at brace height, just want you guys to critique my tiller and please be harsh!  ;D

I did notice in the pic though it looks like the top(left) limb could be bending more.
Oh, and please excuse the mess :)

Edit, Its a mollegabet, 67 TtT, 65"NtN, 14" working limb, 13" levers. 2.5" wide at the working limbs, 1.25" aat the handle, and 3/4 levers tapering to 3/8ths at the tips. I havent measure the draw weight yet.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:46:57 pm by 15DLongbow »

Offline ErictheViking

Re: 1st Bow tiller check?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »
front profile view would be nice. the tips from the side look like you might be making a mollie.  but you are right the left is noticably stiffer than the right.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:53 pm »
Be careful with that spot just off the fade on the right side.  Try to get the outboard section of that limb moving more and then reduce the stiffness on the other limb.  Good looking bow, should be a nice one.  Real good work for your first.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:53:18 pm »
Avoid taking any more off the right limb right out of the fade. left is slightly stiffer. Both could bend more mid limb right near the lever transitions.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:54:53 pm »
Looks like George and I were typing at the same time and seeing the same things.  Very nice for your first!

Offline 15DLongbow

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:53 pm »
Ok, Now that you mention it i do see alot of bend coming from the inner limb near the fade, I was actually afraid i was taking off too much from mid-outer limb... ok, Ill even things out tomorrow.

Oh and thanks for all the encouragement...This has definitely been a learning experience for me, and may have started and unhealthy obsession  :o

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 02:12:28 am »
Most of the leverage stresses in a bow are near the fades and in a bendy handle bow it is all near the center of the bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline dwardo

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 07:48:53 am »
With a bow that has roughly matching limbs to begin with should look pretty even at brace height too, but in the picture it looks a little off, this will only show more in the full draw. A picture of the unbraced bow also tells a hell of a lot.
Nice going though :) Also its still in one piece so way better than my first and what a design to have as your first, yer mad.

Offline 15DLongbow

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:02:25 pm »
Lol, less mad more Improving....the board i started with had a bunch of run offs at both the ends but the grain was straight through the middle, so i figured a mollegabet would be easier on the outer levers because they werent bending.