Author Topic: Christmas Exchange Bow!!  (Read 2714 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Christmas Exchange Bow!!
« on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:44 am »
I wanted to post this in bows, since it’s a bow.  I received this Osage character bow today in the Christmas Exchange 2011.  Lucky huh? Yea I know, I feel really blessed.  The story of me getting it was posted earlier today on pg.11 of ship&rec. in around the campfire forum.  Just wanted to post pics and stats here.  64” ntn, 1 ½” X 1 1/8” grip built up w/ wrapped hemp? and finished with a pc. of leather, nice shelf w/ hair strike plate. Upper limb 1 1/8” above grip tapering to just under ¾” before the belly changes shape, 24”. Lower limb 1 1/16” under grip tapering to 7/8” as above measured, 20”. There are 7” triangular tips on the ends of the above limb measurements. Right below both nocks it measures 9/16”.  It has a white fastflight string and I’m bracing it around 6”.  It’s #41 @ 26” and shoots like a dream.  I had 13 #54 full length arrows already made up and I’m shooting them long and keeping nice groups.  Looks like just over 30 yards is my point on spot, and I was keeping 8ish inch groups w/ 3 arrows pretty good.  I put about 60 arrows through it today before going to work.  Just wanted ya’ll to see my first self bow, the first self bow I’ve ever shot and how cool it is.  Thanks again fishfinder401, you’ve got a great talent and @ your age, I can’t imagine what is to come. I’d take any advice anyone wants to offer about self bows, this being my first baby.

Thanks again Noel, and thanks to PA and to ya’ll on this forum, derik gratz       
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:03:28 am by bowtarist »
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Gaur

Re: Christmas Exchange Bow!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 04:58:18 am »
Nice looking bow.  Enjoy it.
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:10:08 am »
nice bow, cool gift, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:55:18 pm »
Thanks Guys!  I'm gonna have to clean lane out in the garage/barn so I can shoot in the cold and @ night now.  ;D  Lovin this bow, can't wait to get home this evening and poke some more holes in the targets. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:00:58 pm »
Very nice bow!  8)  Noel did a bang up job on it. I'm sure you are thrilled.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 05:40:59 pm »
I agree great bow and gift! Nice work Noel!!  Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the bow trade!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:03:38 pm »
I agree great bow and gift! Nice work Noel!!  Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the bow trade!

Josh
no pressure ::)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »
Again great work! ;D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:19:21 pm »
Nice bow! Hope it last you a long time Dpgratz...

Jon

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:41 pm »
Man this bow is like magic.  I shot arrows of all lengths and spine out of it this eve and most always was right on.  The way the string lines up w/ the grip/rest it's dang near center shot.  I don't even have a nock stop on it yet and have changed back to split finger after several years of changing to three under.  This bow is BA. Can't praise this baby enough!!  Thanks again for replys, dpgratz 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:46 am »
Good job Noel! Im glad to see one of your bows.  I dont think I had up until now..........who knows with my memory? I guess I will take your rname off my "I dont want a bow from you" list pal! :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:11 pm »
i think the only bow i had actually posted was my ash warbow, i think ill post some more of them this weekend ;)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what