Author Topic: 1st Adult bow  (Read 3285 times)

mikekeswick

Re: 1st Adult bow
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 04:14:40 am »
Good effort for your 1st 'adult' bow. A little more bend towards the outer half of the working limbs would help, but we haven't seen the front veiw profile of the bow so it's hard to tell. Ticking noises are usually a sign of impending explosion! Personally I would take the tape off just to see whats happening under it. If it looks fine underneath while you flex the bow (no spinters etc. ) you could back it with rawhide/linen cloth to ensure it lives.
Good luck

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: 1st Adult bow
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 11:13:46 am »
Thanks for all the help and kind words. This is actually my first completed adult bow. I had a half finished pyramid when I ran across this design and liked it so much I stopped the other one to work on this one. I was back on the other one this weekend, though. I'm taking it much slower. I have it on the long string, now. I think I will shelve the molly till I get this one finished. Then, maybe I will see what can be done, if anything, to salvage it. Thanks again for all the comments.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA