Author Topic: ELB demo bow finished  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Shaun

ELB demo bow finished
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:48:36 am »
This one was close to done in the other thread but wanted it a little lighter and limb balance tuned for smooth shooting. Down to 52 @ 28, shooting feel is just right and surprisingly fast arrow. Handle is built up with leather on the back, leather arrow rest and wrapped with skived leather. Beeswax finish smells like honey. About 1/2" string follow after shooting. This one gets to stay in my collection and hunt.

Offline RyanY

Re: ELB demo bow finished
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:14:26 am »
Very beautiful bow. Being osage though I think the long bendy handle design calls for more bend in the outer limbs for less moving mass. That and narrowing the tips would help pick up more speed and decrease shock if you wanted to use lighter arrows. Hard to argue with a half inch of set though. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:12:58 am »
Very nice,tiller look dead on. Sweet. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:39:33 am »
She came out alright. :)

Offline Kpete

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 12:15:31 pm »
tiller looks great.  I love the handle.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »
tiller is sweet and I love the handle.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 02:24:11 pm »
Very nice job and almost no set to speak of too. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Josh B

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 08:36:54 pm »
Beautiful!  IMHO, the end result of this bow and your others that I have seen, more than quantifies  your  your rather unique tillering method.  Thank you very much for sharing it. I can see no reason to doubt the effectiveness of this procedure .  I might even shamelessly steal the concept and adapt it for my own use! >:D :laugh:  Thanks again,  Josh

Offline Shaun

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 08:45:03 pm »
Thanks all.

I am still not too proud of the top limb last third - it does not want to come around. There was a lot of heat straightening in this area and the wood just would not cooperate. Still, it shoots fast, is dead in the hand and is just the weight hoped for. It will go afield when the present gun season ends in 6 days.

The piller tiller system is not mine and is shared with the hope that others may find it useful. I like it a lot for early work before first brace.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »
That really came together nicely. Your tiller looks good. Very clean bow and definitely worthy of a keeper.