Author Topic: Old news..  (Read 6106 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Old news..
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 09:12:06 am »
Thanks one and all for your kind words, it means allot when your peer's enjoy your work. I neglected to state the obvious in my original post.....that handle is working its butt off.....safely of course.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:02 am »
That is one sweet bow.  The curves, the tiller, the skins all look perfect.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline k-hat

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 10:20:29 am »
Awesome, I love it!  My kids wonder why i refer to my bows as "her", and this one shows why . . . those sexy curves >:D
(haven't told them that yet tho ;) )

Nice work PD, to say the least :)

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 01:41:44 pm »
Amazing bow and picture perfect full draw. Such a nice bend in that bow. Well done!

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 02:05:34 pm »
Nice bow.  Great take. I can't wait to try a static recurve osage...some day. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline tdog

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 02:07:52 pm »
Great looking bow! Very nice lines especially at full draw.

Mark
It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Mark(Wetumpka,AL)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 03:39:53 pm »
Pearly,

That is one sweet looking bow and a great successful hunt as well.  Beautiful job with that skin.. looks good.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »
Cip the cool part about this bow is every stitch of it (minus antler tips) came from my friends here. Clint hooked me up with a great stave, you got me some killer Canebrakes and Smokey set me up with the rawhide. Thats what makes this bow special to me more so than the deer or anything else about it. Its a PA bow through and through! Thanks again for the kind words and raw materials to make it happen friends!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 12:14:35 pm »
That is awesome.  Just another example of how this site continues to keep primitive archery alive and promoting the tradition.  Great folks on here ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.