Author Topic: Skinny Little Booger  (Read 5826 times)

Offline johnston

Re: Skinny Little Booger
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 11:06:44 am »
Thanks for all the nice comments. This was an interesting bow to make and I learned a lot mostly about
 how I normally try to build bows. My goal has been to"get it built" instead of enjoying the process. Seems to me
that I took more steps and time with this one because the act of building it was the goal not the completion of it. Hmm.

Hey Rich, like I told you a while back, Went to the doc with my left hand so he cut on my right. Twice. And while I managed to build one it
ain't possible to shoot just yet. How the hell do you manage that trick? Must be tough or something.

Ken if I had your skill/talent ain't sure just what I would build.
Del, sounds like the voice of experience.
JW..one word..kittylitter.

Again folks, thank you for the nice comments.

Lane

Offline Dazv

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:29 pm »
I appreciate the skill.  I have yet to be able to make a bow with 2 good hands.  Think I'll just stay with making arrows.  Good looking bow.
no way dont just stick with making arrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline johnston

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:51:16 am »
The unknown wood that this bow is made from has been identified as Farkleberry, aka Sparkleberry....vaccinium arboreum.
Would reccomend it highly.

Thanks for the id help James(beetlebailey1977).

Lane

Offline dwardo

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 07:15:28 am »
The full draw on the tree is very pleasing on the eye.  :)

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »
  Johnston,
            Nice bow, never thought of sprakleberry. If I remember correctly it's very dense slow growing tight ringed. I've cut it "trimmed " it while hunting and camping in Sparkleberry Swamp here in Sumter, S.Carolina. Tiller is nice. Next trip I will be looking for a couple of pieces.
                        Your neighbor, Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 05:11:58 pm »
Very nice little bow! Tiller looks great, Well done! and the one hand thing that is just impressive! ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 02:16:49 pm »
Great little bow.  And to think he did it (wait for it!)....SINGLEHANDEDLY.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.