Author Topic: New Magazine acknowledgements  (Read 5811 times)

Rich Saffold

New Magazine acknowledgements
« on: July 22, 2007, 05:06:32 pm »
In the new Primitive Archer Magazine which you all will be receiving soon, or will buy at your local store, I want to make a couple corrections to the article "Ipe Revisited" which I have in the magazine.

The selfbow on the first page of the article is crafted by Kowechobe, or Bob Tesoriere, as are the tiller photos on the next page. It is written that I built this bow which is very complimentary, but I didn't.  Having built many ipe selfbows I appreciate this bow being the first one seen in the article, and it looks great!

The remaining photos were taken by Ken Villars who is also a professional photographer by trade, and makes some fine bows as well. He worked hard to get these shots on a windy day, and richly deserves to be acknowledged as undoubtedly will be contributing here in the future as well.

Rich-"just the facts Ma'am" ;)

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: New Magazine acknowledgements
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 06:43:13 pm »
           That shows y'all what a standup guy Rich is ! My mother got me the original subscription ta the mag when it first came out in 1992 an used her then married name. Wow thats a long time ago ! :o Guess its stayed the same. My last name is Osceola . Kowechobe ta most of ya. Ken did the other photography fer Rich and its superb ! Thx again Rich, some fine foks here and at PP.................bob

Offline Traxx

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:30:33 pm »
Yeah,
I was wonderin bout that n Bob.Or thought,i really needed glasses worse n i thought.LOL

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:00:22 pm »
    Well,I thought I had seen that grapefruit stump before   :o I'm glad you fessed up Rich ;), I've got to tell you though,that sure is a really good and informative article.I just glued up an Ipe stave with thin bamboo. Thanks Bob,and I'm eager to start on it.Great article Rich.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:02:17 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Rich Saffold

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:18:31 am »
Thanks Eddie, It's all bout having a little fun :D Sorry I mixed up your last name Bob, but I'm glad I got the Kowechobe part right ;)
Rich

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 02:30:24 pm »
I just read that article last night.
:D
Doug from Missouri

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 04:05:15 pm »
Another good article Rich.  Timely too, I scored a piece of black boo from Sal and an ipe slat from jignfrog.

Very nice bow Bob.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Rich Saffold

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 02:14:12 am »
Thanks guys!, Lennie I will make Mojam next year I promise. It would be good to see everyone ;D.. I really was impressed with Sal's bow, and hopefully you saw him shoot it, or shot it yourself.

I'm glad he took some black bamboo to the meet.

Rich

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 02:27:47 am »
I heard that bob could make a bow.  I guess it is true.  ;D Just wish he would share a few more bows with us.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 06:51:45 am »
Yea he is a bit stingy with the pictures isn't he ;D
Unless he's trying to baffle us with mystery items then theres lots of pics ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 03:10:26 pm »
                          Really Dana BUt ya didnt say they have ta be pics of bows right ? Her it comes ya want pics heh-heh-heh ! ;D......bob

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 08:07:58 pm »
Love yer sense of humor bob, my kid is in King's Bay, GA I'm going to suggest he come visit ya ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 08:12:24 pm »
                                                        Send him down Dana then I can find out the TRUTh about ya ! ;D Hes welcome anytime.................bob