Author Topic: Fishing spool interest ~ pics added  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Fishing spool interest ~ pics added
« on: October 19, 2011, 05:01:31 pm »
I need a shooting glove.  Is there any interest in a bow fishing spool?  I have some made up in willow but can do on in maple, or oak also.

Large one is 7 3/8 O.D. dia by 2" thick.  Rides over the grip area and arrow passes through.  Small one is 5" diameter and same thickness.  I switched to useing the plastic wire becaue it can't cut the bow line, or me, or you, wont rust, grip too tight and is more available.

It looks like this when oiled, and waxed and installed.  Don't use sisal as I did.  I now use a shoe lace.  It's easier to work with and instead of the craft foam on this one I recomend a bit of leather.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:48:24 pm by Prarie Bowyer »

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Fishing spool interest
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »
PM on the way
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Re: Fishing spool interest
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »
Now that I think of it I could use some fletching feathers.  Or I have this idea for a bow fishing arrow tip that will requireabout 12" (which I'll cut) of 3/16 spring steel rod.

Was looking over speedy metals site but I've dealt with them before and a tiny order gets creative shipping calculations.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Fishing spool interest ~ pics added
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43:26 pm »
PB, Do you shoot that arrow w/ the line tied to the nock end like that or does it slide?  All mine are attached to the front of the arrow.  Just wondering?
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »
I use a nail knot that is tied through the shaft hole.  I considered the slide but the tip isn't removable so I'd need to build the slide mechanism around the shaft.  The fear was getting glue on the shaft and thensiezing it.  It could be done I guess buy boring a shaft size hole pluss 1/8" in a pieceof larger round stock then splitting it in 1/2 and regluing around the shaft.

Otherwise I don't find that it it causes any issues just tied on.  Just make sure the line is clipped tot he spool and not tangled between. 

This is the cheap cajun archery arrow.  The tip broke after 3 shots.  the new barb is a stainless bike spoke rebent  :-\.

When I get time I'll make a new arrow altogeather.

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 04:05:42 am »
I just started 8 more of theese.  I'm up for other trades. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »
PM sent!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.