Author Topic: U finish bows  (Read 16325 times)

Offline 1776J

Re: U finish bows
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:28:14 pm »
Try David Knight  primalneedarchery  David is also a sponsor.

I've heard a LOT of good about Mr. Knight as well.

Offline 1776J

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »

Before purchasing anything from anyone....you may want to read this first.
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,22441.75/topicseen.html

Offline NTProf

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 11:43:35 pm »
I have purchased from David Knight and Mike at Pine Hollow. Superb products! I will deal with both of them again with out a second thought! They can be trusted for sure.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 01:59:47 am »

@776J:  I can't remember what I payed but certainly less than you did at you know where, and that included shipping to Germany, a DVD and a bowyer's edge:
My 3rd bow was made from a boo backed Osage stave I got from Dean Torges; it took a bit of time to get it cause Dean said - very interesting - he had to do a second glue up cause he wasn't sure of the integrity of the glue line of the first due to airhose malfunction.
Dean jumped backwards to help me finish it and A LOT of emails where sent.
After thousands of shots the bamboo lifted a splinter; this was repaired the way Dean described it, and it was done carefully. Thousands of shots since than at my 29" draw...

I'm sure my experience with David Knight or Mike Yancey would have been a similar one.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Shoeman

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 08:31:49 am »
I've had a great experience with Phil at woodbows.com.        I have 2 of his U-finish longbows, one made to my specs (32" draw) and they are great deals for the $$.   

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 11:11:09 pm »
David Knight's work speaks for him.  My dealings with him, while not extensive, came with wonderful results and I feel that I really got more than I paid for.  He was willing to go into sufficient detail on subsequent phone conversations with me that I felt I should send him additional money for the education!  I have never heard of a deal gone south with him involved.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BobM

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 11:29:44 pm »
Have a friend who ordered two ipe/bamboo glue ups from Mr. Knight. If all of his work is represented by these two it is superb.

I have built 5 or 6 selfbows from Gary Davis' Rattlestick Bows blanks and I can not say enough good about them, their ease of building, or the customer service that Gary provides.......TOP SHELF ALL THE WAY!

Either one of these two gents and you can't go wrong.

BobM

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 11:39:03 pm »
David Knight, great bows, great guy. and wife Cora can make you some beautiful great shooting tonkin arrows.
john 3:16

Offline 1776J

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 12:02:31 am »
David Knight, great bows, great guy. and wife Cora can make you some beautiful great shooting tonkin arrows.

Dave is a VERY nice guy!!!
 :)

Offline Steve Milbocker

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 08:57:21 am »
I just got another osage blank from Gary Davis. I had the stave the day I mailed the money order, you don't see trust like that too often.
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!

Offline bushrod

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »
BUYER beware!
I  recieved a defective part from rudderbows and when I tried to contact them it was a complete dead end. They have absolutely no customer service, if you are unhappy tough luck  once they have your money!  They would not reply to my email or phone calls. I thought maybe the business had been shut down,  but they still had the web site and answering machine saying leave message?? I wish I had read the numerous complaints of no customer service avenue to address problems before I ordered.   

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »
I liked my transactions with Rudder Bows.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »
And it starts up again ;D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline frankg

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:23 pm »
WoW! I ordered some poplar shafts and had them pronto ! Got a stave couple years back right quick too ! I lost the instrucions on how to go about it and Jim emailed details of building it ! That was before I found this site with all the great help here ! With lots of digging and reading here a body can make a stick into a bow , pretty fair too !
South of Klamath Falls OR , North of Calif border .

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 01:57:19 am »
My orders have been fast and he's been a well spring of information.

I'd have told me to F off after all the quesitons.