Author Topic: What a difference a day will make  (Read 1169 times)

Offline GooseGossett

What a difference a day will make
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:00:15 am »
Had the chance to sit with Timo and knapp a bit today.  Man what a difference a day with someone who knows what they are doing will make.  Got a few things figured out and made the white point and grey preform... I couldn't tell you more than it's rock (I tried to remember what they were) and if you know styles of points I would love to be told what they are as I forgot that as well.  I'm thinking the white one is clovis looking but I may be barking up the wrong tree  For comparison one of Timo's hunting points thrown in the picture.  Thanks for the help Timo.

1 John 3:18 "Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. "

Offline Timo

Re: What a difference a day will make
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:13:59 am »
Hey Goose, good to sit with you again. The white material is "Keokuk" and the type would be a Hopewell/Sniders/corner notch. Or..whatever you wish to call it! ??? ;D

Good job and good to see you made it home safe. O:)

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:53:20 am »
Well done them are nice points.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline warhawk

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:30:07 pm »
i think that there are good and i realy like the corner notched one.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22:32 pm »
That is some nice work! Good job..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.