Author Topic: Ironwood sapling hunter / first stave bow (not for bom)  (Read 10176 times)

Offline StanM

Re: Ironwood sapling hunter / first stave bow (not for bom)
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 03:37:34 pm »
Wow, I really like that bow.  Could see it in the hands of my ancestors 200 years ago, doing what it was built to do!
This house is where I take my natural rest, but my home is out there, beyond the back door.   ~ Albert "Salmo" McClain, 1965

Oregon

Offline half eye

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 03:48:56 pm »
Thank you again fellas, got a second ash stave bow about ready. I never had anything against staves......it's just that with one eye ya aint got no depth perception and one good hand sort'a takes the fun out of drawknives and such. So if I can't just peel the bark I'm out of luck....the ash stave was really a "slabwood" piece (first cut by the sawyer) I knocked the bark off with a spud and cut it down from there so dont know if that's truely a stave or not. But I do appreciate yer comments,   

thanks rand, eric, scott and stan.....Del...ya allways make me laugh, love your sense of humor ;D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 10:24:24 pm »
Rich,
Does this mean you've never made an osage short bow from a stave???  PM me your address, I have something for you.  George

PS. Nice bow!
St Paul, TX

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 10:30:41 am »
Rich, you did a great job! Love it. Very nicely done. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:55 pm »
I stay off the internet for a little while and the next thing you know Rich is building bows from staves!! Them poor Michigan trees are in trouble.
 As always Rich, excellent work.. you still the man.
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 11:13:37 am »

Wow...He lives!  I was just gonna put up a post asking where you (and WildKatt) have been.  Looks like you are here now...good to have ya back~
[/quote]

Hey Cherriooooo.. I missed ya too... Been away from the computer and its too much trouble on my phone... Summer time is over and back to being a mother hen with the little ones.. Glad to be back ;D

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.