Author Topic: osage for mulberry or yew  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Dvshunter

osage for mulberry or yew
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:32:44 pm »
I'm looking to trade a great osage stave for a great yew or mulberry stave. Just that simple.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

blackhawk

Re: osage for mulberry or yew
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:05:06 pm »
What's your definition of great? And how about posting a photo or two of your stave and it dimensions and ring ratio so folks can find something of similar value in yew or mulberry.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 02:26:21 am »
dvs iv got the yew  send me a pm what ya need and what the trade is brock

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:42:36 pm »
Great osage for me is clean, long ( over 70in. ), free of knots, and a solid summer to spring ratio.  I cant do pics right now, but they are great. ;)  It would be be easier for the person to tell me what they want and I'll find one for em. I've got access to enough osage to arm a nice army.

Brock, I'll shoot you a pm or email and we can firgure up some details.  I just keep adding to my bow wood collection.  I just cut a big hickory with chris and I've got a black walnut coming this winter along with a huge mullberry tree. 
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley