Author Topic: Posting pics since the new format  (Read 2705 times)

Offline rileyconcrete

Re: Posting pics since the new format
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »
I am having the same problem.  tried several pictures and saved them in different locations, and I still get the security problem.  Have no idea how to get around this.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 07:16:34 pm »
Here's how to create a picture post, copying the picture URL from FlickR.

First (on PA), either start a new thread or click on reply to an existing thread to bring up the "Post Reply" window.

Then go to another tab or brower window where FlickR is running.  Click on the picture in your photostream you want to insert into your Post so that it comes up as the current active photo.  Right mouse click it and select the 640x480 size:

This brings up the photo at that size and now you can right mouse click it to bring up the capture menu:

Move your mouse over the "Copy Image Location" line. The name might be slightly different depending on your browser.  I'm using Firefox.  On Chrome the line reads "Copy Image URL". Left mouse click that line to copy the URL into your clipboard.

Back on the PA Post Reply GUI, open a new line or 2 and then click the Insert Image icon. This adds the IMG tags and leaves the cursor in between them (for some reason the cursor was not captured in the screen shot).

Now you can right mouse click and select Paste to insert the URL captured from FlickR into the post list this:

Now, if you click the Preview button (next to the Post button), PA will display a preview of your post with the picture embedded above the Post Reply section.  If you see the picture in the preview, it's going to work.  If you don't, it isn't.  Mine looked like this:

Repeat for as many pictures as you plan to show.  I like to limit it to about 5 pictures per post (except for this post of course ;)).

Photobucket provides the  URL for you at 640x480 when you pull the picture up.  You can copy the URL right from that spot.  After the URL is captured, the instructions above work to create the picture post.

I hope this helps.

George

St Paul, TX

Offline TRACY

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 02:13:16 am »
Awesome layout of what to do step by step George! Someone needs to archive this for those that use the photo sites to post.

I followed your original instructions and ran into the same problem when it comes to pasting the image on the cursor: when I right click it will not allow paste, only copy and select all. I have a webpage at the school where I teach and copy/paste a lot of science stuff for students and parents. I'm not sure why it will work there and not here- security failure message. I pmd cowboy and he is having the same issues. I'm sure someone will figure it out soon. Seriously, thanks for the time posting the "how to" and it should be saved somewhere handy for new members to access.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956