Author Topic: Best work light EVER!  (Read 1803 times)

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
Best work light EVER!
« on: August 06, 2011, 12:53:58 am »
I finally have something of legitimate value to trade lol

I have a Pelton and Crane LF1 pole-mount dental patient light.  Doesn't have a very big spread on the light...it's meant to cast light over a 5X10 area from 18" away.  It casts plenty of light out so you can the light further away but you lose the greatest benefit of this light:  The beam is cast in a manner that cancels out shadows.  It's spectacular for working on small things like carburetors or electronics or removing cavities.

It's worth about $400.  I have the pole it mounts to and all...you either use pipe clamps to attach it to the side of your work bench or cut a 2" (ish) hole in the top and drop the pole through.  110v.  I'll get pics up here shortly.

I'm not necessarily asking for a $400 trade, but I do want a bow and would love to have one of those crazy looking crab bows that I'll never possess the skill or patience to make myself.  A horn bow would be stellar.  But I'll entertain any.  Right now I just need to have a bow to shoot so I'm not so impatient with my works-in-progress that I damage them.

Hit me up if interested.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline makenzie71

Re: Best work light EVER!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:32:30 am »

Here's a short vid.  I have to have my hand basically wrapped around the subject to keep it in total darkness.  It's pretty cool how the lens is made...the light just seems to wrap around whatever is in front of it to a certain extent.  It's pretty handy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5TTkrWRTk
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:23:55 pm »
I think it would take the value of at least 4 or 5 of these lights to make a good trade for a crab bow or any of the other Asiatic composite horn bows. It takes a lot of time, work, materials and knowledge to build a composite horn bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 12:44:06 pm »
It's a preference, not a demand lol.  I'd also like to trade my grand prix for a 959 :)

I got several of these lights...need to thin out my collection of crap.  I'll consider all kinds of things.