Author Topic: Trade bow arrived  (Read 1932 times)

Offline DEllis

Trade bow arrived
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:59:43 am »
Hi Guys,
Just back from fishing camp(work)for a very short break, and my time is too limited to take any pics until next weekend. But I thought I'd at least post that I received my trade bow from Mangeur de Lard.....cable backed inuit bow. Pretty cool stuff......tons of work went into the moose sinew cable. I'll follow this up when time allows.
Thanks Matthieu ;D
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Trade bow arrived
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:32:39 am »
Can't  to see pics. Would be an experience to harvest an animal with it too. Tell us about work with pics if you can. Sounds interesting.

Cipriano 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline DEllis

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:27:34 pm »
Sorry for the long delay in posting more pics........if I was any busier I'd have to buy me a clone ::)
Anyway, here are a couple of pics.........my 12 year old son did the honors with the full (almost) draw.......he has it back about 22 inches in that pic. It draws 42# at 25 inches. I am not used to such a low draw weight and have no arrows low enough in spine to get it to shoot well, but it seems quite fast all things considered.
Cipriano, I have no plans to hunt with it myself, but my son may chase bunnies with it next winter...........have to wait for some really cold weather so it can get the full Inuit experience eh? ;D
Thanks again Mangeur de lard........keep up the good work. :)
Darcy 
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:43:39 pm »
Awesome!  That is a very cool bow.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 01:09:21 am »
 8) Thats way cool

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 02:11:06 am »
Very cool congrats!
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 07:29:50 am »
Id love a chance to shoot that! Looks like a good one :D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...