Author Topic: Time to start over  (Read 2524 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Time to start over
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:02:24 pm »
Hi all. I haven't posted in a while due to the fact that my house burnt down a couple weeks ago. Everybody is fine, nobody got hurt, so that's good. However I did lose all my bow building tools, wood, and staves. It sucks, but it'll be fun shopping for all new tools when that time comes. :), tryin to look at the bright side. My Internet access is very limited, so I just wanted to let those of you who might be wondering where I went. I saved one bow from the fire, an all bamboo reflex/deflex. It got some heat treating, I hope it will still shoot, haven't tried it yet. I still have not received my trade bow, that's a good thing I guess, so whoever is making it, go job on waiting till the last minute. It probably would have been lost on the fire, I'm lookin forward to it now more than ever! I'll let you know when I get it. I'm still getting mail at the same address, so I should get it. Talk to you all soon.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Time to start over
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 02:05:55 pm »
Tattoo Dave,

So sorry to hear about your loss, but I am thankful as you are that what matters most was saved.  Keep that positive spirit up. 

God Bless,
Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:15:16 pm »
Wow Dave, I'm glad everyone was okay.  What a tough thing to go through, I can't imagine losing everything just like that. 
Nate Danforth

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:23:22 pm »
Man, that's tough.  Let me know when you get a couple tools and I'll send a crooked old osage stave for you to play with.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:47:25 pm »
Wow, sorry to hear that.  I am glad that everyone is safe, though, as that's by far the most important thing.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:20:27 pm »
Sorry to hear, but glad you seem to be in good spirits. When something like that happens you find out what is important and what isn't. Best wishes and happy shopping! :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline criveraville

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »
T Dave, I'm with Georgy.. PM me your addy and I will send you an Osage stave.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »
Glad everyone is OK...Sux to lose personal belongings in a fire...the Bows and Tools can be purchased again...but the Pictures...and papers and documents are gone forever...Man I hate to hear this Dave...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline johnston

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 06:30:16 pm »
Hate to hear it Dave. Glad everyone is "ok".

Lane

Offline criveraville

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »
Folks if you read this and would like to help out please PM me and I will send you Dave's addy info. I encourage you all to help our brother out during this tragic and difficult time. Last February my sons teachers home burned while she was at a nursing home with het dying father. It was a total loss, but our campus didn't let her get down and we all pitched in and helped out. You may not think that you have much to offer, but anything helps. A card of encouragment. A great gift too when you don't know what to send is a gift card to Walmart or a gift visa card.

Dave, I have been asked if you have a place to store tools, staves and such?

Cipriano

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,26675.0.html

Let's all pitch in and help tattoo dave out~ I have his addy info  

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 11:33:45 am »
That's terrible, I can't imagine how stressful that must be to sort out.  My thoughts are with you all, glad everyone's safe.
1’—>1’

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »
 ;D ;D  Sent  ;D ;D   
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline peshikthe

• short time here, never forgotten
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 01:18:08 am »
hey criveriville i go to flea markets alot, if i run onto any nice old drawknives or spokeshaves ill pm ya so i can get him some of his tools back. ill do what i can to help.
im a man, i can change, if i have to, i guess.