Author Topic: glass for points  (Read 1234 times)

Offline bubby

glass for points
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:36 pm »
a friend found some pretty good glass and sent it over for me, nice and thick, and cool color on thr one, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Tower

Re: glass for points
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:57 pm »
Those will make some good points. Can't wait to see them when your done.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »
Hey Bub: That smoked one looks like a picture tube and will show the flake scars a lot better and the other two will kill critters just as well (what do they care what the point looked like ;D)? The boys initiated me into the world of Jagermeister last night and I just noticed the bottle is green ::). Thinking about a point from the base, will let you know how all that turns out :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:13:35 am »
Paul ur nuts... I was in the woods one day and found a bunch of old liquor bottles one being Jeager Meister I sat there and found a river stone egg shaped and knapped it out he best I could...Awesome!  Bubby lets see your work!  Remember if its sharp it will make them bleed!..

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

JustinNC

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:40 am »
Those should make beautiful points

Hey Bub: That smoked one looks like a picture tube and will show the flake scars a lot better and the other two will kill critters just as well (what do they care what the point looked like ;D)? The boys initiated me into the world of Jagermeister last night and I just noticed the bottle is green ::). Thinking about a point from the base, will let you know how all that turns out :).

Dont get started on that stuff. It's too easy to drink!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 11:30:58 am »
I thought I was drinking dayquil then I don't remember what happened, hahaha. OK, back to the glass points 8).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.