Author Topic: what happens when nieces finds cane shafts lying around lol  (Read 3230 times)

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
she is pretty fast at this to.
doc

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Re: what happens when nieces finds cane shafts lying around lol
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:17:18 pm »
That's pretty cool. Now if you could teach her to straighten them, then stack um ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:12:32 am »
Oh shoot my 5 year old, Jacob just saw that pic.  He said oh wow a tent.  Now I have to keep him out of my stash of shafts now LOL.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

Whew! :o  I was expecting to see a pile of chop sticks, or Lincoln Logs ! :o ;D ;D  Well get her a a pile of larger shafts, and teach her to make a Tee Pee, then when she gets older she will know how to make a pattern for a larger full sized Tee Pee.  You see, you have to think ahead when you see them do things like this....... ;D  You just nurture that interest, and guide it in the right direction, and then you mention you wish you could make a full size Tee Pee like the smaller ones she used to make when she was younger..... ;D

Offline jturkey

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 02:02:18 am »
we have some cut to 24 ft out back thinking about trying to get a real t-p built to camp outin lol
doc

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 05:12:56 am »

There you go! ;)  Now just make like it was all because of her little Tee Pee, that inspired you to make the big one! ;D
      The camping will be just that much more fun.  Now start on the leather work, and mention how the Indian Women would do all the tanning, and such, and that you just happen to have some deer skins in the freezer, and you would be glad to show her to to brain tan, and such, but that you doubt that she could handle it, but if she really wants to try, you might let tan about a dozen or so just to get the hang of it..... ;D ;D ;D  After all the Indians used child labor also..... ;) ::)
                                                                                               Wayne

Offline jturkey

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 10:26:48 am »
well fresh out of deer hides and beaver hides for that matter but telling her it is any kind of work would be an immediate no from her lmao. but i do have a lot of canvas in the shop.hmm! but slready planned on making a teepee for vacation bible school here for them to try out thats why we had the cane cut to 24 feet
doc

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 11:05:58 am »
You might try and help her build her own tepee.  Explain how the indian women owned the lodges.  They worked the leather, found the poles, put it up and took it down.  If the couple split then the woman kept the lodge.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline stevecpa66

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »
....  If the couple split then the woman kept the lodge.

Some things never change.   ;D

Ooops, did I post that out loud?  ;)

For disclosure, I am happily married, at least I was before this post.

Offline Tower

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 11:35:13 pm »
My son tore into my cane shafts . He told me that he was a Jedi & they were his lightsabers. As mad as I was ya just can't aruge with that.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!